1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hello and a quick ?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Dreamspawn, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Dreamspawn

Dreamspawn New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm seriously considering at the end of this week purchasing a 08 prius package 4 i currently driving 20miles to work with one decent up and downhill section would the prius be a good car for my driving conditions that is one way so round bout 40 miles total trip each day so would it be a good car for me?

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It would be a great car for you. We have lots of hills here in Pocono's, plues we took a trip out west, Prius goes up and down mountains no problem

3. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The Prius should suit you fine. I'm assuming your trip is on the highway which, if it's in KY, I would guess has a few hills. Search around here and you'll find tips to help you drive those hills in the most fuel-efficient manner possible. If you can find an alternate route off the highway, fuel economy could be even better.

4. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Even with lots of hills, you should still meet the new "EPA" numbers. As far as MPG depending on what you currently drive its probably going to be alot better.:)

5. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I agree, that for someone who has a routine 20 mile commute, it's not just a good car, it's the PERFECT car.

6. sugar land dave

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It will be a great car for you! Go claim yours now before someone else gets it! :eek:

7. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Prius is an excellent car for everyone.

Except for maybe mechanics.

My mechanic can't remember my face anymore.:twitch:

8. Dreamspawn

Dreamspawn New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i've already got a hold payment on it just waiting loan approval stuff as for better mpg then what i drive now oooo yeah bout 16-24mph twin turbo dodge stealth..

9. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The less you finance the happier you will be a few years from now. Think very seriously about driving the one you have for a few more years while you save up the purchase price for a new one.

10. Dreamspawn

Dreamspawn New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    out of curiosity how much due you all pay on your car and insurance ... so far my quotes are 575 a month with 6% interest and 202.27 a month on insurance but i've yet to get the quote from the Toyota dealer.

11. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    $315 every 6 months for the Prius but it might not mean much to compare since there is a multi-car discount, I have a lot of coverage, and I use USAA which only does business with military or their family members.

12. richard schumacher

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Insurance varies a lot depending on several factors so it's not very useful to compare. You should shop around with other companies.

13. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Most insurance companies use your credit history as one of the highest weighted factors in their algorithm to compute your rate. I would know I work for one.

14. richard schumacher

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Exactly. Since his credit history, age, marital status, and location are not likely to be the same as those of very many other people, it won't do him much good to compare quoted rates with a few random other people. Better for him to spend his time asking different insurers for quotes.

15. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That seems like an awful lot of money for insurance. I'm not paying have that much.

16. Dreamspawn

Dreamspawn New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    22 male car in my name with full coverage..

17. halleyscomet

halleyscomet New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I pay $446 a month for my new prius pkg #6 insurance. My insurance is with Progressive and (92 vw GTI, Full coverage on 00 jeep wrangler, Full coverage on 08 prius) is $1800 a year, 2 drivers, over 30, clean driving history, less than perfect credit.

18. Dreamspawn

Dreamspawn New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well bad/good news...

Monday night i wrecked my current car *the other driver took full blame* and i think they are gonna total it but if they do i'm gonna take the money and buy it back and part it out i'm hoping to end up with bout 5000-6000 all in all. I'm pretty sure i'm gonna put it on the prius also i'm trying to get his insurance to put me in a prius rental that way i can see what its like going up and down the little hill section where i live :D

19. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dreamspawn,
    Hope no one was hurt.

Particularly if your commute is through urban areas the Prius is made for you!
    I have a similar commute and I live on a hill. I drive down the hill which involves a couple of valleys on the way going to work then up on the return journey and I get better than 55mpg(can't be bothered converting again 4.4L/100km with AC on)

If you are going to replace your car anyway get a Prius but if you are only getting a new car to save on fuel it will be cheaper to keep the old one even with extra fuel.

I save about $1500AU a year on my old cars fuel bill which isn't much toward the payments on a $15,000+ loan