1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello and Thank you.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Atypical Hippie, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Atypical Hippie

Atypical Hippie New Member

Did a lot of reading on here before deciding to order a prius. Thanks to all who contribute to this board. The material here was very helpful.

I ended up working with a small time dealer out of town because he was willing to give me $3500 more for my trade-in (my 11/15 mpg mazda pickup) than the dealer here in town. I guess the big-time dealer here in town wanted me to fund his rent and advertising budget or something. That is well worth the 60 mile drive to pick it up, eh?

I ordered a 2005 package 4 in early november and it was due to arrive just after the 1st of the year. Well, it ended up being a 2006 and it arrived yesterday. He called and told me I needed to pick it up before the first of the year. As I understand it, that would cost me about $3000ish come tax time, right? I called his bluff and told him to sell it to someone else. He called back a couple hours later and folded. I get to pick it up on Jan 3. Woohooo!

Is there any difference between the 2005 aqnd the 2006 package #4?

Thanks again to everyone.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think the package numbers are altogether different. Congratulations on your new Prius!

3. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Ah -- I can answer that. I bought a 2005 #4 (AM) package, and my partner bought a 2006 #4 (HG) package.

In terms of differing features, the 2006 loses the High-intensity driving lights (IMO: nice but not essential) and fog lamps (IMO: near useless) of the 2005 package, but gains the rear-view camera (cool but again, not essential.)

In terms of enhanced features with the 2006, you're getting:
    • Improved safety airbags (a big win, IMO)
    • Tire pressure sensors (really nice!)
    • Stereo: has an AUX-IN jack (for MP3 players, etc.), and plays MP3 CDs. (Great stuff!)
    • Improved MFD interface
    I may be forgetting a few things in regards to the enhanced features list, but I think that's about it.

4. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

Good work Hippie!

Don't let those dealers push you around.

5. wannaprius

wannaprius New Member

Booksrats,

When you say the 2006 has "improved" safety airbags what do you mean? Is there any safety difference??

6. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The 2006 advanced airbag system differs the deployment rate of the airbags based on speed and force of impact. Yes, they're safer.