1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello, Anybody Out There?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Ed Vatza, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

Hi there (if anybody's there),

I'm a brand new Prius owner in the Lehigh Valley wondering if there is any organized Prius owners activities in the area. Spring, Summer, Fall are great times for a weekend day or evening get together.

Anything happening?

Ed

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Ed, I own a 05 Prius and also an Ice Cream store in the Poconos. I've been thinking of trying to get something together, but not sure of what to do except for just setting a day and time and see who shows up. What night is good for you?

3. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paprius4030 @ Apr 23 2006, 10:36 PM) [snapback]244118[/snapback]</div>
    Hi there,

I think maybe what we should do is try to stir up a little more activity and interest here on the board and see where it goes. Since this topic has not been active in quite some time, it may take a bit before other local Prius owners stumble across us. I know they're out there.

An ice cream shop sound like it could be a great meeting place. I know the guy who had the local ice cream shop in our town was a Corvette Club guy and they used to have regular get togethers at his place.

What area of the Poconos are you located in?

I guess for now I'd say a Saturday or Sunday would be the best time for us. We could come up, do some hiking and then do the Prius get together thing. But let's see if we can stir up some more interest.

4. Lola&#39;05

Lola&#39;05 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paflyfisher @ Apr 24 2006, 06:10 AM) [snapback]244189[/snapback]</div>
    Ice cream? Yeah, I'm there! But we haven't learned where in the Poconos yet. A Sunday would be best for me. Have to work those Saturday mornings.
    After I bought Lola in July, there was activity on this site, with talk of a get together. Then it all disappeared. I kept checking, but there was no activity. Maybe with the nicer weather, we can stir something up.

5. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

Hi Lola '05,

It looks like a slow build here. We'll keep trying to pump some interest in a get together. Where are you located?

I certainly see enough Priuses around. So hopefully those folks will stunble across this board and be heard. It would be nice to get together with other Prius owners.

Keep checking back for any updates.

Ed

6. paprius4030

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi all, Our ice cream store is called "The Junction" it's on Rt. 940 in Pocono Pines. It's an orange and white building so you can't miss it. If you get off of I-380 at exit 3 go WEST on Rt. 940 for about 4 miles maybe a little less. Usually my silver Prius is there behind the building. If you wanna start a meeting on a Sunday that cool. If everybody can agree on a time and a few people are coming I'll mark off part of the parking lot and put my Prius there for "Prius only parking" LOL. Let me know what you all think. Also we are just a take out operation" no inside seating so if it's raining it might not be good for an outside meeting.

7. Lola&#39;05

Lola&#39;05 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paprius4030 @ Apr 26 2006, 08:14 AM) [snapback]245410[/snapback]</div>

Hey, you are way up there. I am just south of Philly. I hit that area in early Sept., a friend has a time share in Hawley,Pa. Right around Labor Day. I'll probabaly track you down then. I really do love ice cream. Are you talking "cream" or custard?

I have a pretty blue umbrella. Rain won't deter me for ice cream.
    Lola is clocking in at 57.3 now. I am smiling!!

Lola'05

8. paprius4030

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi lola, Will be happy to see you. Lots of people think it's custard but it's really soft ice cream.

9. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paprius4030 @ Apr 26 2006, 08:14 AM) [snapback]245410[/snapback]</div>
    Yep, I kinda know where you are. I'm tied up the next couple of weekends but maybe around mid-May, we can shoot up on a Sunday afternoon.

In the meantime, let's keep this thread active and see if we can drum up some more local Prius activity. I know they're out there. I'm seeing them in the parking lots. I'm seeing them on the roads. They just have to find their way here.

10. cmburke7

cmburke7 New Member

Hello There,

Not easter PA, but Central New Jersey (New Brunswick) . Unfortunately it seems there isn't yet a home for us members from the garden state. At 50 MPG I'm willing to make the drive across the border for an event though :)

Ciao,
    Cody

quote name='paflyfisher' date='Apr 23 2006, 09:24 PM' post='244100']
    Hi there (if anybody's there),

I'm a brand new Prius owner in the Lehigh Valley wondering if there is any organized Prius owners activities in the area. Spring, Summer, Fall are great times for a weekend day or evening get together.

Anything happening?

Ed
    [/quote]

11. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

Hi Cody,

Welcome aboard. We're still trying to gather people for something possibly in mid-May. Keep checking back for any finalized plans.

Ed

12. Hi Pennsy (and NJ) people -

I just stumbled on this site. Hello! I'm in the early stages of shopping for a Prius. I live in Bucks County. My hubby totaled my Infinit FX (SUV), so I am taking that as a message from the universe, and that message is: get a Prius! Elsewhere on this site, I saw vast differences in the wait times for new vehicles. How long did y'all in this area wait for yours, and did you shop around for the best delivery datres, or just go with the closest dealer? I am willing to travel to get the car I want, as I am currently carless (and clueless about how to buy a car that is in short supply). Any advice you could offer is appreciated. Thanks, and I hope to join your get-togethers when I qualify as an owner.

Pamela, the Prius Wannabe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paflyfisher @ Apr 28 2006, 05:30 AM) [snapback]246550[/snapback]</div>

13. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prius Wannabe @ May 1 2006, 09:02 PM) [snapback]248265[/snapback]</div>
    Hi there and welcome. I wanted to stay local for my Prius. There are three Toyota dealers in the Greater Lehigh Valley area. Krause was the farthest from where we live and we didn't venture there. We went to Bennett In Allentown and got a salesperson who didn't know squat about the Prius. We left there very disappointed. Then we went to Dick Milham on Rt 33 just north of Bethlehem (the address is Easton). There we found a super sales guy, Peter Feld, and ordered the car from him. We paid list price without any trade. We ordered on February 15 and were told it would probably be about four months. Our car arrive on April 20 - just a little over two months. So the waits were getting a little shorter. A real nice touch - when the car arrived, Peter e-mailed us with a camera phone photo of our car coming off the truck at the dealership.

I worked with a fellow who bought a Prius off the lot from the Toyota dealer down in Doylestown but that was over a year ago. You might find shorter waits down in that area.

Good luck with your search. They are great cars!

14. paprius4030

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi and Welcome also. If it's not too far north, we got our Prius from Motorworld Toyota. I see they have a few in stock and also 2 used ones. They are in Wilkes Barre.

15. FJRCRAZED

FJRCRAZED New Member

Did someone say IceCream??? My wife and I are new Prius owners. Well she bought, I use it instead of my Tundra to drive to work. So far so good. Drive about 40 miles round trip a day. Kelly Drive and the Skullkill. I'm on the 3rd tank of gas and my total mpg is 50.4. We are one of four Prius owners on our street. Anyone know a Auto window tinter around Fort Washington, PA

16. Lola&#39;05

Lola&#39;05 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FJRCRAZED @ May 3 2006, 08:03 PM) [snapback]249406[/snapback]</div>

What color did your wife buy? So far, it looks like a lot of silver Prii ( is that plural for Prius?) will be headed North soon. Lola is silver also. I liked that bullet look. A friend just bought a second hand 2005. Of course, it is silver also.
    Anyway, welcome to the new Prius owners. Have you named her yet? Such a smart car just has to be female.

17. Hi and thanks for the local info. I contacted Peter Feld, and I'm on the list to get a Metallic Grey # 6 when it arrives in about 4 weeks as part of the allocation. It's the exact color and package I was looking for!

Can I assume y'all paid MSRP? I didn't attempt to negotiate, as I was just grateful to find one with so little hassle -- I didn't want to be greedy! Besides, it was reasonable compared to the other cars I was considering, and of course the operating costs should be next to nil! Thanks again for the tip about Pete. He's been great so far.

Signed,
    Wannabe (until I get delivery!)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prius Wannabe @ May 1 2006, 08:02 PM) [snapback]248265[/snapback]</div>

18. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prius Wannabe @ May 4 2006, 09:05 PM) [snapback]249974[/snapback]</div>
    Yep paid MSRP but really worth it. I love this car. I forgot how much fun driving could be.

Did you tell Peter that I recommended him? I had a nice follow up chat with him about a week ago. Like I said, he's the best car salesman that I've ever dealt with.

You are going to love this car.

Ed

19. FJRCRAZED

FJRCRAZED New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lola'05 @ May 4 2006, 08:50 PM) [snapback]249971[/snapback]</div>

Its the tan-gold color

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Yep, Ed, I told Peter, and he told me the story about the birthday present! great story! i am so antsy to get it, 4 weeks suddenly sounds like a very long time. guess i'll have plenty of time to come up with a name.

To Lola's "mom" -- Lola sounds hot -- do you sing the L-O-L-A song to her? :)

Signed,
    Wannabe (and Gonnabe)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paflyfisher @ May 4 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback]249981[/snapback]</div>