1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello Everyone!! New guy.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Stangmansteve, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Stangmansteve

Stangmansteve New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello My name Is Steven...Our family just purchased a 2010 Prius package III with the JBL sound system...this thing ROCKS...

Your probably wondering about my name on the forums.."Stangmansteve" I'm an avid Mustang and Other muscle car fan :rockon:
    I currently have a 2007 mustang silver with a manual (would not be any other way) and plan on a fully built 4.6 Swap with a KB S/C
    Kit, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, with a Promotion Powertrain TR6060 Transi...YES I know horrible gas mileage...Its a toy.

SOOO thats that...back on topic.

My dad just bought this Prius...I used to hate them intently for the longest time...now that I've driven one and with the current re design....I LOVE IT!

I simply cant believe how nice this car is...and seriously thinking about getting one for my garage while I work on the toy. THIS THING IS AWESOME...and it takes a bunch to impress me.

my question to myself is....why did I hate this?...I don't know.

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    :welcome:

I think 'toy' is the secret. My Prius is an appliance, it gets me place to place quieter, smoother and cheaper than any car I have ever owned. I love playing with the electronics and beating my previous mileage. But it does not talk to the boy in me, only the adult. Congratulations on adulthood.

3. Stangmansteve

Stangmansteve New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    why thank you...Yeah it just makes since too especially with the price of gas ever looming over our heads to go up in price back above $4.00 or more a gallon...Its going to happen...

4. Much More Better

Much More Better Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's nice to see muscle car fans be open-minded to the Prius. Tell your friends. I am curious as to why you hated the thing. Is it because it there isn't enough testosterone in it?

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I wasn't a fan of the Prius until I saw the 2010 with 17" wheels either.

I'm a Mustang fan as well, starting with the 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 convertible as my 1st car. I've had a 1994 and a 1999.

Check out nineinchnail1024's toy.

6. toyolover

toyolover Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Welcome, Stangmansteve. I have my P2010 for two months now. My 17-year old son absolutely hates it. Don't know how old are you but when you remember why you hated it, please let us all know. Meanwhile, enjoy your Prius when most of us do here.

7. LulzChicken

LulzChicken Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Your 17-year old son absolutely hates it? Ask him why, because I'm 17 and I love my 2010 II Prius.:rockon:

8. toyolover

toyolover Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    He says he doesn't like hatchbacks and the Prius looks ugly. He was bugging me to get the BMW-M3 but I have to save some money here and there for his college funds. Anyway, I am the one paying for it and I love it. It, from certain viewing, reflects a silhouette of the Celica.

9. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I also didn't like the look of the Prius until I saw the 2010 Prius V. It's great to get around 50mpg and having fun doing it.

10. Stangmansteve

Stangmansteve New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Does your 17 year old son have any concept of the price diffrence between the two...besides the current M3 has been having issues I'm a fan of the out going I6 that v8 replaced...My dad having a 1990 BMW E30 Brilliant rot red 2 dr 325is..I love that car...just not the most practical thing out there.

So the Prius does not punch the 1/4 mile fast..but it is a performance car that can pas up gas stations, thats super crazy cool in my book.

11. Stangmansteve

Stangmansteve New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm 24. and its not my car Its my dads. My current DD IS my mustang...but plan to change that soon once I start tearing into it...

Hating it may have been my perception at the time I never thought it would be anything shy of a golf cart. boy was i wrong LOLOLOLOL

12. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!

Are you aiming for a loaded V with the AT Package? lol. Says you have a III but the package is from a V model.

This is my 2nd Prius (first I bought with my own money) and unfortunately I can't afford to go around driving a sports car that I know I'll have to give up in a few years. (though trust me, I still have friends that need a cool sports car) I'd rather spend that money on a house so this 2010 will have to last me through that.

But hey, we all need our toys and maybe some day when I'm making a lot more than I am now, I'll have a "weekend car".

2007... is that the new Mustang or is it the last gen? I forget.. I know the new one came out around that time....

13. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I bet he'd like it a lot better if you slap some nice 17" rims on it.

14. Stangmansteve

Stangmansteve New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sorry Yeah its a package three when I got him on the phone I thought he had said he had a tech package...and no...but what I do know its a loaded III model with the JBL system and bluetooth...I thought that was the tech package...LOL cut me a little slack I'm still back in the 1970's here with my ride LOL.

And yeah my Mustang is one of the newer models...the 4.0 in it is incredibly outdated...fast though...just that the 4.6L has variable valve timing, 3V per cylinder. That and its and all aluminum block.

That and I can pick one up for 1,700 lightly used, send it down the river to Livernois Motors and have it rebuilt for a fair price.

but yeah I'll be looking at the used market for these once they drop in price a bit...If ican get one like my dad for 20K...I'll be set.

15. Stangmansteve

Stangmansteve New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    and yeah the main reason why I joined is to learn as much as I can for my dad in cvase he has any q's

16. toyolover

toyolover Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I had this thought before but would it mess up the reading on the speedometer when I change it from 15-17"? Yeah, I would use the 17" rim together with low profile tires if I don't want to pay the dealer to adjust the computer. Doing so would also change the driving dynamics of the car (i.e. more sportive looking but also more bumpy rides.) I'd need to reearch this a little more first.

17. toyolover

toyolover Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I got rid of my 07 BMW-X3 before getting the 2010 Prius. He probably think X3 and M3 is just a difference in one letter. Too bad for him, I am loving my Prius. Well, we all have our fantasy in cars. I was 17 once. I'll let him keep his dream alive. Someday, he can get realize his own dream.

18. Stangmansteve

Stangmansteve New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah I know its just a phase. Believe me I was very much like that, highly opinionated, and I knew every thing under the sun. The day he gets a job...(and what it takes to keep a job) and starts paying for his own stuff...he'll change his tone...watch...all the sudden this Prius is going to look really pleasing...

And this is from a guy that has a supposed "cool car"....yeah its pretty cool and goes fast and is fun....but its NOT everything...he'll figure that out.

1 person likes this.