1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello Everyone! New Owner!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by startat2d, Sep 2, 2011.

1. startat2d

startat2d Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Alyson and I just bought a 2007 Prius 4 (I think) on Tuesday! Which is just in time for my commute to Queens...76.5 miles round trip and the gas bars didn't go down at all! I also have an 06 Subaru WRX which is not very fuel efficient for the commute or safe to leave where I work...my beater (another subaru) was starting to become unreliable, so now I'm just really happy I don't have to worry about paying for repairs as I am covered until 125k miles :) YAY!
    I'm not too sure what package I have lol...still figuring this all out...but just wanted to say HI :)

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome Alyson! :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    :welcome: Congrats on your new Prius and welcome to PC!

1 person likes this.
  4. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Alyson,

Glad to have another newbie aboard. I'm going to provide you a link to help you figure out exactly what option pkg level you have on your 2007 Prius. Scroll SLOWLY down so you stay within the USA models & don't get into any of the confusing foreign option pkg listings. Here's the link.

http://priuschat.com/forums/knowled...andard-optional-equipment-some-countries.html

Some of the items in the different option pkg's aren't so easy to determine for a newbie. VSC you will be able to tell by hitting the start button twice WITHOUT stepping on the brake pedal. Then look at the row of yellow/orange lights on the dash to the right of the speedometer for the VSC letters (the car symbol with the squiggly lines underneath it is NOT VSC, but instead it's traction control which all Priuses have). You can see these indicator lights on a normal startup too, but they only show for a short time & you don't want to start & stop repeatedly to try to see which lights are there.

I think the auto-dimming mirror & "Homelink" garage door opener are paired together, so if your inside rearview mirror has lots of buttons on it, then you have both.

The HID headlights (which look no different from the halogens to the untrained eye) are always paired up with the fog lights, so if you see a pair of fog lights in the grill below the bumper, then you have the (troublesome) HID headlights too.

The factory nav system is in your car if there are 6 push buttons around the outside of your display screen (instead of only 4 buttons).

You have the JBL audio system/6 CD changer with 9 speakers if you have a speaker grill on the dash right above your display screen (also known as the MFD---Multi-Function Display).

If you seem to have a lower option level but you also have leather, it could have been added at the port when it came off the boat or at the selling dealer (both for extra cost), but neither will likely have leather on the steering wheel too unless the leather was installed at the factory as part of the highest option pkg level.

Additionally, there are 3 ways to tell if you have a touring model.
    #1 The most obvious is a longer rear spoiler(by about only one inch---so you'd probably have to compare your car to some others to be able to see the difference---mostly in the horizontal part behind the crease where the downward angle stops). This could be purchased & installed by an owner to make his car look a little zippier(?), but the average person is not going to spend the extra money to do it.
    #2 The tires/wheels are larger than the standard 15" size (either 16 or 17 inches), but then again they can be changed at an owner's whim (& these are more likely to be changed out than the spoiler mentioned above).
    #3 The rear shocks (probably fronts too---but the rears are more visible) are different between the standard version & the touring model. The way to tell is by the colors of the multiple paint stripes running around the lower portion, I believe, of the shock. I don't know what the different color bands are, but if you're thinking of checking them, then there was a post either here or over at PriusOnLine about the diffences. So you can do a search on either site & hopefully you'll be able to find a post mentioning which color bands to look for the standard shock or the touring shock.

Edit : There is one other way to find out what pkg/model you have. Go to a Toyota dealer (NOT a used car dealer because their data is from a generic & possibly inaccurate source) & get the dealer to reprint you a duplicate copy of your original window sticker [the Monrony (sp?) sticker] based on your VIN number from Toyota's own factory data. They can do it, but may not want to be bothered, so ask another dealer if need be. The 2-letter codes or the pkg # should be on their re-print.

I hope my post is helpful in determining your option pkg level & your model (touring or standard).

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

1 person likes this.
  5. Minion

Minion New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congratulations and Welcome! :D

1 person likes this.
  6. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome To PriusChat .

I remember the excitement waiting for my 2007 Prius to come in. Every month since than I remain excited with all the features of this wonderful car. But Best Of All The Gas Savings, I get 56 MPG for the last 4 years.

I hope you enjoy your new baby as much as I do mine.

1 person likes this.
  7. tampaite

tampaite Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!..How much did you pay? and what was the mileage.

Am in the market as well but its taking time for my purchase.

8. startat2d

startat2d Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks everyone! Sorry it has taken me so long to reply... Ken, I think I have a #3 package..thanks!

it had 57k miles and I paid approx. 17k, but that doesn't include all the taxes and warranty and other crap that goes along with it...dealer tried to screw me, my dad went nuts, security was called, I ended up getting a better deal and a 125k warranty! :D

I have already put 10,000 miles on it since August 29th lol

9. plchung

plchung Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Congrats, hope you enjoy your car!

10. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Enjoy your new car. Now you know why Prius drivers are always smiling :)

What you gonna buy with the money you're saving?

11. justlurkin

justlurkin Señor Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Fellow Long Islander. Cool!

Don't forget to ask the DMV for the LIE Clean Pass stickers so you can use the HOV lanes. :rockon:

12. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    All this time - I thought it was my medication.
    ;)

:welcome:

13. startat2d

startat2d Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A house! I also sold a worked subaru wrx lol...and a ceoss country trip to washington state this summer!

myTouch_4G_Slide ?