1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Manakilakila, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Manakilakila

Manakilakila New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys, I've been researching the Prius for a few months now and I am very glad to have found this forum. I'm not sure which model is right for me. I'm in my mid 50's and my wife is 10 years behind me. All the kids are gone, it's only us two and a 100 lb german shepherd. :) Should I be looking at the "v", or would one of the other models accomodate a dog of that size? I'm a "techy" kind of guy so looking for something with all the bells and whistles.

Appreciate any and all advice!

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you don't need to carry passengers, there's plenty of room in the car for a large dog. Even if you need to carry one passenger, there's plenty of room because the seats fold down 60/40.

3. J5A

J5A Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Perhaps the interior plastics in the v will withstand claws better. The ecoplastic (especially on the doors) is so soft in the Gen III be prepared to have it easily marked-up if you ferry pets.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    :welcome:
    Welcome from another mid 50's couple . . . and welcome, from Fred -

[​IMG]

Our 100Lb Lab ... who LOVES his roomy back seat, even with our luggage loaded, hauling all the way from So Cal, to N.W. Montana. Yes, even the Gen II prius will fill the bill. You'll never look back ... just like fred.

5. Manakilakila

Manakilakila New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the reply! Fred looks very comfortable! I'm very happy to know that a genII or III will work out nicely.