1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello from a newbie in Georgia!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Papagoose, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Papagoose

Papagoose New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi there, just picked up my new Prius this week, a 2011 Model 3 and gotta say...I LOVE THIS CAR!

I live out in the sticks and may own the first Prius to set wheels in my county. My pickup-driving neighbors are giving me some strange looks and a few snide remarks, but no worry, I'll get the last laugh when I finally have to buy some gas!

Now I did say I love this car, but I have one issue, and that is that, at my wife's urging, I opted not to get it with Navigation, a decision that is really not sitting well with me because as much as I love my car, I am not liking the JBL system that I did get. I don't necessarily need Nav, but would like to upgrade to something a little more technical that would allow Bluetooth audio streaming from my phone. I see there is some discussion on replacing this stock system and am looking forward to investigating this in the future.

I've learned quite a lot in the past few days reading here and really appreciate how willing everyone seems to help out and share. Looking forward to learning more and contributing to the conversation.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard goose! Read that manual when you get a chance.

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome and congratulations on your purchase. Read the manual, just drive the car to learn the features and then come back with questions.

4. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Aloha and Welcome Papagoose! Congratulations on the purchase of your Prius, enjoy. You will have the last laugh at the gas pump!

5. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats and welcome to PriusChat.

I have a III with no nav package which I prefer. I use a TomTom and keep it in the center console when not in use. When I use it, I mount it on top of the "flip open" cp holder. As far as a radio upgrade, there are lots of options available and lots of PriusChat thread discussions about it. So check it out.

Be sure to read your owners manual.

While driving your Prius, keep a big smile on your face.

6. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the forum. I also don't have the NAV but have been very satisfied using a Garmin NUVI instead which can be moved to other vehicles or carried.