1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello from a UK member

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Fluffmeister, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Fluffmeister

Fluffmeister New Member

Model:
    N/A
    Hi Folks

I am waiting for the delivery of my 2010 Prius here in the UK.

Actually I am a petrolhead at heart and had always been one of the "haters" of the Prius (Hey, I am being honest, put the rocks away) and have a couple of Bikes to fuel that side of my nature (Triumph Tiger 1050 and a track bike).

The cost of motoring in the UK is getting plain stupid and so I bit the bullet, put my misguided preconceptions behind me and went to my local Toyota dealer for a test drive of one of their demo fleet. Being totally honest, I was expecting to hate it but was a little blown away. The car was nothing like I expected, lot's of toys, handled fairly well and performance was actually pretty good, in so many ways a perfect small family car.

I got a great deal on my Trade in with it's 2.5 V6 TDi motor and signed on the dotted line. My car should be with me on the 30th April, it's a T-Spirit spec and is in Vermillion Red. I wanted Pearl White, but my 8 year old son is a Manchester United fan and I promised him he could pick the colour, so red it is.

I have always been into the car performance modding scene, so I doubt that my Prius will stay standard for long. I have already found a UK supplier of Cusco parts and am ordering the underbody brace :)

I'm looking forward to some economical and fun motoring with the Prius, so please everyone, have a virtual beer on me.

Cheers
    Fluff'

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and join the club! Thanks for the beer.

Cheers,
    Spidey

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Wow, a huge welcome! You sure moved forward. Enjoy the hybrid premium features! Let me warn you that they addictive and do not get old.

This is my favorite Prius ad from UK.

1 person likes this.
  4. vagabund

vagabund New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome! Hopefully you won't regret that deal!
    I'm learning a lot from our US/Canada fellow Prius owners, but look particularly forward to getting feedback from EU drivers as well!

5. Fluffmeister

Fluffmeister New Member

Model:
    N/A
    The colour or the car :)

I was test driving a VW Golf Bluemotion at the time of looking and the Prius was the better of the 2 cars to drive and had much more equipment as standard. The Golf was an SE with the new Common Rail 1.6TDi lump. The Prius was down on torque compared to it, but was better balanced, more refined and to get the golf even close to the Prius spec I was looking at an additional £5k.

I am a longtime VAG owner but found the Toyota dealer really friendly, no pushy tactics and much to the dismay of some of my mates, the Prius was the better car ..... imho of course.

Thanks all for the welcome ;)

6. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have very strong doubts this ad is from the UK. Wrong side of the road, "gas" electric, I don't think so in the UK, a mountain of oversize cars and the strong british accent give me those strong doubts.

Fluffmiester, welcome to the side of good and light. Always good to have a master of fluffing on the worlds best car forum. Ffffffaarrtttt!!! :D

7. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Had my Prius for 6 months and love it - especially now petrol is £1.25 a litre. There is so much rubbish spoken by non owners about what the car can and can't do. I've just been for a run out with the kids today and the fuel economy never fell below the 50mpg line on the 1 min display.

You should easily get 50 mpg in town, 55 - 65 mpg on a run depending how you drive. Even spending 10 hours a day in slow start stop traffic I still average 47 mpg. Much better than the 31 mpg I used to get out of my old 90 bhp Peugeot 406 HDi.

Enjoy the new motor and you'll find this forum a mine of information. There are hardly any differences between the UK and US Prius (apart from LHD/RHD) so virtually all the technical stuff is of help. They do get some options we don't such as the Radar Cruise Control, but we get the Headup Display instead. :)

8. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats on your new Prius. It's a great car!!!

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!! and cheers!

Feel free to fill in the profile ahead of time! (Package: T-Spirit. I know it's technically not a package but that was the way the forum was setup from the start).

Should be blast. Try out the different modes (PWR Mode might help with your gearhead side).

The Knowledge Base section (it's currently found under the Gen II forum) is a wealth of information. Most pertain to the 2nd Generation Prius but we're slowly filling it with 3rd Gen stuff. In addition, there are a few articles in there that are applicable to both (such as "Why don't I get the EPA mileage?").

If you don't see all the articles, remember to set the date to "Show All From Beginning" as the forum may default to show articles from the past year. The display option is at the bottom of the KB page.

10. johalareewi

johalareewi Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the forum and (soon) your new Prius. While it might not do 0-60 in 4 seconds, there are a lot of things to play and experiment with. You will soon find yourself trying to max out the MPG. Looks like more people are getting a Prius. They are not so uncommon in this neck of the woods anymore. Or maybe they are all tourists down from London :D

11. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Nah, they're getting common now. :D

I used to get half excited if I saw another gen3/2010 in town, now I see a few every day. There are quite a few '10' plate ones in town now too, so they must still be selling well. In fact I was down the dealers the other day and they had sold out and didn't even have one for display in the showroom!

12. lunabelgium

lunabelgium Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations and welcome on board.

13. priushippie

priushippie New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model: