1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello from Chicago Area

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by GrossingerToyota, Feb 25, 2008.

1. GrossingerToyota

GrossingerToyota Grossinger Toyota North

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    everyone.

My name is Khem and I'm new to PriusChat. It's great to see Prius owners all over sharing their experiences and knowledge. I joined Grossinger Toyota North & Scion in Lincolnwood, IL, not too ago. I'm hoping to use this forum as an opportunity to humbly learn from Prius driver's real experiences, share my own knowledge based on Toyota learning, and assist prospective Prius buyers in their hybrid vehicle purchase. Please feel free to stop by and say hello, whether online at PriusChat or at the dealership.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome, Khem. There's lots to learn here so don't try to absorb it all at once.

3. Clubford00

Clubford00 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Heres a real Prius Experience for ya.......I ordered my prius from Grossingers.. 4 months later they tried to sell me a bigger package because mine mysteriously disapeared from some order sheet. All the time i was being reassured Oh yea your car should be in the next batch comming in. nope nope and nope. another month went by and i demanded my deposit back. After pulling teeth, i got it back. and bought it from another toyota dealer in the area and was driving the exact one i ordered 3 weeks later. Sorry i will never go through your dealership again. No offence to you personally. This is just my experience and that of others i have found out as well in dealing with grossingers. sorry. but welcome to the site. and remember, You asked ;)

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Khem, welcome to PriusChat! You will be a unique sales person if you learn about Prius/HSD vehicles. Most sales people know little about the Prius and try to "Baffle 'em with BS", which works until the buyer comes here and discovers how misinformed they were. Then the buyer's opinion of the sales person and dealership plummets. Or, perhaps worse, the buyer has been here first and smells the BS as he walks in the door so walks right back out.

Don't take references to sales droids and stealerships personally if you strive to be informed and deal honestly. You'll become the "go-to" guy when it comes to hybrids.

They really are wonderful cars.

5. GrossingerToyota

GrossingerToyota Grossinger Toyota North

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the sound advice, everyone. Yes, just browsing through this site I realize there's lots to learn. Prius paves the way for hybrid technology and I'm sure many more developments are coming in the future. Green was a popular theme at the Chicago Auto Show this year. I'm not sure what plans are for it yet, but they had a prototype of a plug-in Prius.

To the person who had the poor experience with Grossinger, I'm sorry to hear that. I just joined a few months ago. I did hear that we had a really long waiting time for Prius orders last summer and it took a while for inventory to catch up to demand. I'm glad to see that you did at least get the car that you wanted and enjoying it. That's what's important.

Khem