1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello from Europe

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by feisim0, Jun 22, 2005.

1. feisim0

feisim0 New Member

Hello from Spain (Europe).

I've been reading this website for days... and I've have purchased my new Prius, jus one hour ago.

I can't wait until the dealers gives me the car.

Just wanted to say hello.

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Hello! :) It's going to be a great day for you!

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hi feisim0! :wave:

Is buying a car in Espana (Spain) the same as in some other European countries which we read about here on PriusChat - where you pay for the car when you order, then wait for the car to make its way through the manufacturing/distribution system?

If so, how long is your wait?

In the USA we pay for the car when it is delivered, but we have/had to wait for the Prius nonetheless via dealer waiting lists.

4. feisim0

feisim0 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy\";p=\"100758)</div>
    I ordered the car on monday, paid for it today and I hope .... they'll give me the car on friday or next monday.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! Welcome to PriusChat feisim0!

6. stinken1

stinken1 New Member

i envy the clear reflector you guys have in euro

7. Cyberjack

Cyberjack New Member

In Austria Prius starts at 26000 EURO and goes up to 32000 EURO.

Covert this to Dollars :cussing:

Michael

8. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, &amp; Drapanos, Crete, G
    This is not correct.

We order the car we want, and wait for it to be produced (if none are available) and pay on delivery. I didnt even have to place a deposit. The car with Navi cost 28500 Euro. Got exactly what I wanted 4 month wait.

9. Falstaff

Falstaff New Member

(Hollywood/Franklin Hills) Los Angeles, California
    feisim0,

Hola! Donde vive usted? Esta Catalan o Castellano? Yo tengo amigos en Barcelona, Sitges, y Madrid. Un Catalan y dos Americanos ("ex-pats").

Anyhow, I hope you'll love your new Prius. I'm sure it's safe to say that most of us here are extremely happy with our Prii. Which color did you get? I have the black one. I love it!

Buena suerte con su Prius nuevo!

10. feisim0

feisim0 New Member

Hello Again.

I'll have to wait until monday to get the car.

11. feisim0

feisim0 New Member

Madrid

Thanks

12. feisim0

feisim0 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(feisim0\";p=\"100771)</div>
    I ordered the car on monday, paid for it today and I hope .... they'll give me the car on friday or next monday.[/b][/quote]

I'm still waiting... :(

13. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Feismo..got it yet...??

14. feisim0

feisim0 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IALTMANN\";p=\"104475)</div>

Yes!!

I got it last friday, and i'm amazed with the car.

Today is the first day I drive my other car (a Mazda Miata), and I feel VERY strange driving it... I love my miata, but I feel it so primitive..... :D

15. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Congradulations, Sir...I am very happy this movement is good. I am an American conservative but I do think the world and foremost this country can stand to start getting smart and using the TECHNOLOGY to better use ressources.

You will enjoy driving the car, and as you as I LEARN good driving with it, the mileage will get better. The good thing is if you cannot for some reason, try to save gas, you can just DRIVE IT and the results will still be very respectable. A lot of users here get incredible mileage, in Japan some get almost "miraculous" results. It all depends on how you want to handle it. I've seen posts where here in this country they put in almost 8 litters above the noted capacity, coast and apparently watch their monitors all the time and get good performance, to the point it is almost 60-80 MPG. One poster here in the USA, has from what I see slowly "streched" his bladder to put gas in, and gets 700 miles per each tank, with fill ups of 12.2 gallons and higher. I live in a humid and hot climate (Texas) very tropical, and get poor results compared to him. A lot live in more temporate climates, but even in my state some get good mileage. You must understand though, in this country last year over 80,000 units were sold, on this board the ones that really post good results are really into it. Nothing is free, you do have to learn and work at it. But Toyota has given you a tool to do just that, and even if you do not pay attention to it, and just DRIVE IT., you will get very good results anyway comparatively speaking.

Many users in my town get disappointed, and regard the GOVT ratings as gospel., this is bad because really the Govt ratings (EPA) are lab values on set conditions, not realistic., and every other car ALSO gets poor results, compared to the posted mileage for most people. I find I have to explain this very often, you see I am kind of an activists for this car in this town. I am not an environmentalist, I do believe in maintaining a good environment, but I want industry and mankind to reach a reasonable and good BALANCE. I find this car to be such an example, I never have to really sell this car to a GREEN person, but the Masses are more realistic, and I do have to sell (this car) to them. I believe in order to really do something it is better to WIN the masses over, then to just have it for the FRINGE elements. So in your case with gas as high as it is in Europe, it is economics (moneys) is it not ? But all in all this car satisfies BOTH sides, that is what I really like about it.

Best of luck to you and ENJOY, keep in touch once in awhile on this board. Technical problems - everyone helps here no matter what, and many questions and problems are solved for you here.

Again welcome to the PRII., many milestones and luck to you always.