1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello from IL

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Plasmahidef, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Plasmahidef

Plasmahidef Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just wanted to say hello and thank you to all the forum contributors.

We purchased a new Prius Four (Silver) to replace my wife car yesterday. I spent many a days and hours reading up on various forums which helped us tremendously in making a decision to go with Prius...so thank you once again.

Just as an FYI, I believe we got a pretty good deal. We paid $26,700 for a base model (Four) with carpets and mat accessory only before TTL and trade in. We bought it from our local Autonation owned Toyota dealership using AAA.com car buying service. The other dealers through AAA.com offered their best price between $27,400 to $27,800 for similar configuration. They were not willing match or offer lower price once they found out the offer I had.

I also noticed that this dealer was offering similar price breaks on Threes'. I did not price the two's or the five trim levels. I'm not sure if other Autonation dealers are offering similar deals on Prii to AAA.com members (and also to AMEX members), but if you are shopping for Prius this may be a good week/month to do so.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard! So which was the best forum? :)

What does the "base" 4 come with these days?

3. Plasmahidef

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hmmm let me think about it for a nano-second... PriusChat ;)

By Base Four I meant no additional options or accessories. I believe it same as Three except you get Power Driver side seat with lumbar support (key requirement for my wife...only time will tell if it is worth the difference), leather seats and JBL "Green" speakers.

Edit: Just saw you have 2010 model. I'm not sure what the standard features are on Prius II, but our Four also has the usual navigation, with Entune, blue-tooth, rearview camera and sure some other things that I can't remember right now or more likely has not registered to me as useful yet on a one day old car.:)

spiderman likes this.
  4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congratulations and welcome aboard, Plasma, from a fellow Northern Chicagolander.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all the best!

6. Plasmahidef

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model: