1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello from Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by skyblueLAprius, Apr 14, 2011.

1. skyblueLAprius

skyblueLAprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just ditched my BMW for a Prius and I am loving it! 49 to 52 MPG baby! I was looking for a car with character and still saves gas and I found it in the Prius.

2. mikewithaprius

mikewithaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome, welcome, glad you're loving the car!

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome to Priuschat, SkyBlue. :welcome:
    It's weird how I'm seeing an increasing number of people switching from higher-end cars for the Prius. I've never owned a high-end vehicle so I can't do a comparison personally. All the same, I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the switch.

4. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and welcome to PC! Post some pics and enjoy the ride. :)

5. Timw

Timw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats on your new Prius! I don't know how you did it either, switching from a BMW to Prius. My Dad has always owned Lexus and the like,he had to get a powered wheel chair so even when he bought something to haul it in it was a Honda Odyssey Touring edition (loaded). I told him I'm buying my Prius using my head not my emotions! Kinda wonder if your doing the same!

6. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey, another newbie posted yesterday saying he switched from a BMW to a Prius.

Congrats on your new Prius and welcome to PriusChat. Enjoy the high MPGs, technology and low-emissions.

7. RICKKONK

RICKKONK Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welecome. I've had my 2011 for about a month. Its fun to drive to work now. It a good game to play to keep those MPG's high.

8. 2011v

2011v Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome! I'm a convert too! In my experience, you will always enjoy the Prius and rarely miss the BMW.

9. casualvic

casualvic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    I
    congrats...I myself just traded in my 530xi, and will also enjoy the extra gas saving. Im in KS but originaly from Baldwin Park, were are you at?

10. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    :welcome:

11. kammssss

kammssss Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Lol! I guess none of you own a 8 series BMW (V12). Try trading that in for a Prius...lol. Hey, I also own a Prius...work car...and you know what the other one is for. A Prius will move you from point A to point B, but a V12 Beemer will move you emotionally...

12. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    With 9$/gal fuel it is a challenge also for rich people today to maintain a V12 car, I am pretty sure.

But here if you have a BMW, Audi, etc. you will *not* trade it in for a Prius. It is simply against "the law of God" - a car here is often used a lot as a status symbol, and many are company cars used for professional use (which means that the driver doesn't pay out of his own pockets the fuel....).

Moving from a "cool" german car to a Prius would be a non-sense. Plus - didn't you know that german cars are the *best* in the world achieving the *best* fuel efficiency on the planet? :D

(I still have to see a BMW3 or 1 diesel with its fancy "Efficient Dynamics" achieving less than 5L/100km in town...if you check http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/, on there, on average, no car with the same HP than the Prius having less than the average fuel consumption - not even diesels! - the german auto carmakers for me are living in denial and are pissed off that a Japanese company is kicking butt in fuel consumption compared to their subsidised TDI developments).