1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello from new Forum Member / Prius C Four Owner

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Maxwellian, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Maxwellian

Maxwellian Planetary Gearhead

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    We bought our C in early November. I found this forum shortly thereafter, and figured I should read as many posts as possible before joining or posting, to get a feel for the forum etiquette, mores, standards, etc. (And also to avoid asking one of those newbie questions that you see all the time which causes all the regulars to give themselves a face-palm.) I’ve gone through most of the sub-forums, which took a couple of months, so I figured now was the time to join. Not sure if I’ll have a lot to say, but now I can respond if I think I have anything to add to a thread, and ask questions of the experts.

Reading this Forum has already cost me $118 (for the WeatherTech floor liners), I suspect it will cost me more in the future. (The scan gauge, a device which I had no clue existed prior to reading all the forum discussion about it, looks pretty cool. So there will likely go $160. And I sure hope someone starts selling mud-flaps. And...and...)

I get good mpg readings on a lot of trips, 55, 60, sometimes even higher. But my fill-up to fill-up averages have been 44, 46 (which was really two tanks because the trip-meter did not get reset) and 43.5 mpg. It's winter, and there are also a lot of short trips with worse mpg, so I won't worry too much yet. I just raised my tire pressure to 40/38 based on the collective wisdom I found here, we’ll see if that makes a difference.

Overall, we love our new C (despite what Consumer Reports thinks of it.)

By the way, my name is not Maxwell or anything similar. I chose "Maxwellian" as my username in honor of James Clerk Maxwell, the father of humankind's understanding and application of electromagnetism, without which our Prius C would just be another gasoline engined vehicle. (I realize that gasoline engines use electricity, so perhaps it would be a diesel. You get the point.)

That's probably long enough for an introduction.

Best Regards,

Jeff

Rob.au, ChinchillaGirl and ftl like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!:) all the best with your new C.

3. vernon birdman

vernon birdman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome from a happy owner of the Canadian equivalent of a c4 since
    May 2012.

4. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations! Yes - following this forum will increase your knowledge base and lighten your wallet. I also bought the Weathertechs and a Scangauge II. Those Japan accessories look nice but the prices are :eek: .

5. Hallett505

Hallett505 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome Jeff, in Aus we just have the base model and the i'tech, I have the i-tech and love it

6. Hyper_PriusC

Hyper_PriusC Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome. I got my C3 over thanksgiving weekend. I'm sure you enjoy the gas saving as much as we all do :) Congrats

7. Loopie

Loopie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    What, you haven't spent $480 on snow tires yet? Hopefully you don't have to worry about such things, but I was less than impressed with the OEM tires in winter conditions. Now my baby behaves properly with his WRG2s in place.

Your mileage will get even better once the temps go up again. My mileage went down as the temps did - from an avg of 50 down to the low 40s in the recent frigid weather.

I have about 9000 on Pepperjack and he has driven in the Eastern mountains, across the plains in 100deg heat, and over 12000 ft elevations in the Rockies. All very comfortably and without complaint or issues.

Welcome to the family!

Incidentally, Loopie is not my name either......more of a mental state!

8. Maxwellian

Maxwellian Planetary Gearhead

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks to all for your kind words of welcome.

I don't plan on getting snow tires. If we need to go somewhere before the roads are clear after a snow, we'll take our Honda CR-V. It has never let us down in the snow.