1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello from North Dakota

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Bruce Nyhlen, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Bruce Nyhlen

Bruce Nyhlen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Last weekend picked up a well documented spotless 05 Prius I think its a package 5 or 6. It has 65K and picked it up for 19K.

The dealer sure did not have to work hard for that sale. The car was traded in for a 08 Prius on Friday and Saturday night I drove it home.

I am looking forward to warmer temps so we can see what this car really can do MPG wise. Our Temps have been below 0 all week and our trips have not been long enough to really warm up the motor. The average is sitting at about 23 MPG.

Glad I found this site. Looking forward to leaning more about my neat car.

Bruce

2. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Congrats and welcome to Priuschat. The cold weather really does a number on mpg. Engine block heater and blocking the grill will help some. Pumping up the tires to max sidewall pressure also helps. You'll find lots of great info here. Post a picture when you can. Have fun driving. Spring has to come eventually.

3. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome to the forum and enjoy saving gas. ;)

4. Shieldsy

Shieldsy Prius Fruitcake

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hello from Astralia and welcome to Prius chat. There is so much info here.

5. AussieOwner

AussieOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And yet another Aussie saying welcome. Hope you enjoy PC. Great bunch of people here, always ready to help (and criticise when you do something dumb).:D

6. BarbB

BarbB New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm new too -- bought an 08 on December 26. So glad to hear I'm not the only one getting disappointing mileage due to cold weather (I'm in Chicago). What's the deal with blocking -- can someone describe what to do?

I am looking forward to warmer temps so we can see what this car really can do MPG wise. Our Temps have been below 0 all week and our trips have not been long enough to really warm up the motor. The average is sitting at about 23 MPG.

Glad I found this site. Looking forward to leaning more about my neat car.

Bruce[/QUOTE]

7. Bruce Nyhlen

Bruce Nyhlen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks for the warm welcome, now we just need warm temps.

BarbB - The blocking is closing up the front vents. There are all kinds of information on doing this. I think it covered in a thread about improving MPG.