1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello from Pennsylvania!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by steve_b, Mar 19, 2013.

1. steve_b

steve_b New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My wife and I bought a 1-owner 2005 Blue Prius in excellent condition about a week and a half ago. We love this car so far! Two of my neighbors (one is my Brother) have 2012 Prii and as soon as I saw and drove my Brother's I knew that was the car for us. Not wanting to buy a new one right now, I found the loaded '05 right away close-by and even for below-book price. I did get the service records from the Toyota website and this car has been religiously maintained at a dealership. Even though we're getting 40-42 MPG right now in our coldweather, hilly terrain, its still a world of difference from our two pickup trucks that we've been getting about 13-15 MPG. My Bro is getting about 50 mpg with his Gen3 but they do much longer commutes than we do. One thing though, and this might improve in warmer weather; from the last pip blinking on the fuel gauge until the pump stops, showing a full tank on the gauge, the most I have been able to get in the tank was 7.2 gallons of gas. We can go close to 300 miles on that 7 gallons, so I'm happy with that so far. Sorry for such a long post but I thought I'd get it all out up front :)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    hello!:) welcome and all the best. if you search around a bit here, you'll find a wealth of info on the gen II (2004-2009) gas tank bladder and tips on how to handle it.

steve_b likes this.
  3. steve_b

steve_b New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Bisco! I have been lurking on here for a couple weeks and have learned an awfull lot from this site, and from Graham Davies, Hobbit, and John1701a sites. There is a great amount of information available for the Prius and I'm very glad to now own one!

4. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.

steve_b likes this.
  5. Jonnybegood

Jonnybegood New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Welcome from Northeast Pa. I'm a new owner myself. I really like my car and truly enjoy PriusChat. I wish you the same.

steve_b likes this.
  6. steve_b

steve_b New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. I've been lurking on PriusChat for a few weeks now and am amazed at the amount of expertise and valuable information on here!

7. Jonnybegood

Jonnybegood New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I know it's great. I've learned so much. All this information really helps me to appreciate and enjoy my v. I'm finding I like the sort of people who buy A Prius and who hang out here.

8. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride! Yeah, we are justa bunch of geeks. :)

steve_b likes this.