1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello from Perú! Help with my new Prius C first mods!

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by tangucho, Aug 31, 2013.

1. tangucho

tangucho New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Dear fellows,

I have just decided to buy a Prius C. I received the insurance money after loosing a VW Tiguan and switched to Prius C. Very excited about fuel consumption because I really drive a lot every day. Yesterday I was on the test drive and feel overall very pleased with the driving. I certainly expected much worse acceleration as well as wheel overall control feel.

Actually, I decided to buy the car when I push the start button again and turn off the car because I thought the car was off since I didn´t hear the engine ......lol.

I would like to change some of the looks of the car trying to preserve overall consumption as much as I can. I am a gamer so adjusting my driving style to Prius is fun as hell. Trying to be more eco every time and find ways to save fuel is great and fun if you spend 3 hours daily dealing with a city traffic.I am not a sporty driver at all and the traffic of the city does not allow to do so (Lima is a 11 million people city with an average of 200,000 new cars every year).

So I decided to change wheels and tires as my first mod. I will go for 195/50 R16 and still looking for options here in the local dealers. It is not a very commercial tyre size so I generally find difficult to find models on stock. I have to admit that I did not activelly search for the tyres as I will receive my car in a couple of weeks. I am between Bridgestone and Kumho and those are most common here. But I opened to suggestions and try to find those here.

Also I decided for 16 inch wheels. Looking for 6.5 and the lightest model that I can. Didn´t look for any particular model yet so I am opened to suggestions too.

I am kind of stucked on my next mod that would be front and rear spoilers. I don´t know if this would affect fuel consumption and don´t know if the difference would be extremely significant.

I trying to find the following parts from a reliable overseas shipper.

-Front spoiler,
    -Rear bump spoiler
    -Side skirt.

With no luck! anyone who know who sells it?

If you know any distributor/dealer that can ship to Peru it would be great. I can travel to USA to go for the parts but I didnt find any dealer that provide Prius C parts that sell those parts over the internet.

Finally, I would like to know if any of these parts really makes some difference after installed.

Thank a lot in advance for all your advices. I know this is a very active forum and this is because there a lot of enthusiast drivers that are happy with their hybrids.

Cheers!!!

Luis

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! all the best with your new C!(y)

3. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Great to have you here with us. I can't help you with your questions but others will.
    Dan