1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello from Placentia, CA

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Sheerstress, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Sheerstress

Sheerstress New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hello everyone!

I'm a 2009 Prius owner, and have enjoyed continuing reliability of my car, which currently has 273,600 miles on it. I'm looking to replace it sometime soon, probably with a Prius Prime Advanced.

I haven't yet made time to peruse all the threads here, but am basically trying to re-educate myself on how to best purchase a new vehicle.

The landscape of car buying has changed so much since I bought my present car almost 10 years ago, when the lead time for a Prius was 3-4 months, and soon jumped to 8-9 months. Purchasing via the web was a relatively new thing, and now it's widespread. I've visited the sites of various dealerships out here in CA (we have a lot of Toyota dealers within the LA area), and there are plenty of Plus and Premium models sitting on dealer lots, but Advanced are a little more few and far in between. Anyone here with experience in my neck of the woods?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

lots of people. check out the pricing sticky thread. give dianne a call at carson toyota. she's a member here and a straight shooter.

all the best!(y)

Sheerstress likes this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Brand new car depreciation in first couple years is awful... Buy a two year old vehicle from a private seller and you'll save as much $10K dollars, yet the car will be almost completely new if the owner was a responsible person.

Besides, the whole purpose of Prius is polluting less and saving money on gas. Buying brand new rather then used creates way more pollution via manufacturing, as well as cost you a fortune in money you can't recover when you re-sell the vehicle later.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    look for a 2016 prime.;)

Raytheeagle and PriusCamper like this.
  5. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Just don’t look too hard;).

Unless you are looking for one sold in 2016(y).

PriusCamper and bisco like this.