1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello From SE PA

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by KJColumbo, Apr 22, 2009.

1. KJColumbo

KJColumbo New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Thought I would just post something quick to intro myself.

I'm a Jeep guy that needs something more efficient. As of now, I am only a 40 mile round trip from work, but looking to possibly change jobs that would put me driving more than double on mostly highways. Ever since I drove a Prius on a business trip in Mexico, I have wanted one. If things work out how I am hoping, I'll have a new job, a long commute, and a Prius to get me there. I can't get rid of my Jeep though, well, unless a Wrangler found a home in my driveway. :p Yes, I want to be green and all, but there is nothing like riding down a trail in the woods, and making your way through a pile of huge stones. My KJ (Liberty in Jeep terms) has gotten me through some fun rides, but a Wrangler would be so much more fun.

Besides my Jeep, I also have my bikes, er, bicycles. I am an avid recreational cyclist, and enjoy participating in charity rides. The challenge of completing hundreds of miles knowing you have done something to help others is a great feeling. Click on the link in my signature if you want to know more, or, just ask! :) I also play ice hockey, target shoot a bow, and enjoy spending time outside with my wife.

So if you have any questions, need bike or Jeep advice, give me a shout.

2. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello KJ... welcome to the forum. I am also in the SE PA. area and been loving my Prius very much. I've already put in 18K miles on her and still running strong and saving gas. Stop by and check out DIEHL Toyota in York and they will hook you up. Let me know, if you need recommendations on who to contact. Regards.

3. PA Prius

PA Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Welcome neighbor. I'm from Akron (PA). If you haven't gotten yours yet, you are likely in for a good deal. Either a 2010 (lucky you!) or a leftover 2009. I saw an add on the big electronic billboard in Brownstown today, it said something about $4000. off 2009 Prius, although I didn't read the fine print. I can imagine that will be the case however with the price drop in the 2010's. I'm not sure whether it was from Lancaster or New Holland Toyota.

We will turn over 110,000 on our '04 this weekend. I also enjoy riding bike. Again, welcome!

PA P

4. runnerwithaprius

runnerwithaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hi! I'm from Northeast PA, and back in November I was in the same situation that you were in. I accepted a new job with an hour long commute, one way, and I owned a '05 Jeep Liberty. As much as it broke my heart to part with Jeepy, I LOVE my Prius! I've been a Jeep girl since I got my driver's license...but buying a Prius just made more sense for my new commute. Anyways, I promise you that you'll enjoy driving the Prius...you'll almost have as much fun as you would in a Jeep...ALMOST! :rolleyes:

5. KJColumbo

KJColumbo New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I can't wait to get one. As long as the job comes through that I am hoping for, I'll be able to pay off the Jeep fast, so I can still keep it. I can't quite let go of the 4wd for the winter and fun, but looking forward to getting the Prius. Now if that CJ/DJ/YJ/TJ would come my way..hehe...bye bye KJ!