1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hello from sweden!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by chiefseattleprius, Mar 4, 2011.

1. .

2. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the forum and to Prius ownership! Sorry I can't answer the wheel question.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :welcome: Welcome to Priuschat!

4. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on your Prius and welcome to PriusChat. A Prius V comes standard with 17 inch wheels/tires: P215/45R17. The other Prius models come with a smaller wheel/tire. I'm under the impression the two sizes won't cross-change.

5. Thanks for the warm welcome. Another question I have is about the heater. I was told that with hybrids, heat should be instantaneous as compared to normal gas only cars, but I'm experiencing quite the opposite. It takes quite a while for heat to come through the vents (I keep the car in Normal mode if that helps). Will putting the car in Power mode help?

6. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Use of the various modes does not make the car heat up any sooner as heat is not instantaneous with the Prius. The engine still needs to warm up a bit before you feel warm air from the vents. Although, if you are using the automatic temperature control, the system takes a bit longer until engine temps are fully reached. Read your owner's manual for more information.

7. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    HI Welcome to PC, put your car at max temp, and max fan in window defrost and floor position. Almost always use outside air initially for defrost efficiency. My 05 always throws warm air within one block of driving. BUT, I'm in California. Cheers. :cheer2:

8. thanks for the responses andyprius and twittel. i'll try your suggestions. i can handle the slow warm-up but the significant other always complains about the lack of heat. has anyone ever installed aftermarket heated seats on a III?