1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello from Tampa

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jjksutton, May 1, 2008.

1. jjksutton

jjksutton New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It's been a week since I switched over...I got rid of my 2003 SVT Mustang Cobra (450 HP) for a 2004 Prius (I have no idea what package it is). I couldn't have imagined a better transistion to a completely different kind of experince. The car's performance is quite a bit better than I could have imagined and pulling down 50+ MPGs puts a smile on my face...and keeps my money in the bank.

The only downside I can see right now is the driver's seat being a bit less than excellent. I'm 6'4''...its a bit tight & the lumbar support is a little weak. I've been following the exploits of seat mods with interest. I'm not ready to make the jump to a Volvo seat (yet) but I look forward to exploring some of the more conservative approaches.

The Cobra community is a pretty passionate one and from what I've seen here the Prius community is as well. Glad to be on board.

2. Yoda-chan

Yoda-chan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Enjoy!! Florida's perfect for Priuses--lots of big, flat roads. :D

3. flprius

flprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats! I've had mine for 2 weeks and it's great for the commute between St. Pete and Tampa. I'm filling my tank half as often with the Prius. Enjoy!

4. TravelBliss

TravelBliss It's worth the wait !!!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Do you guys find the price of the Prius in FL is exorbitant than compared to the rest of the country ???

5. jjksutton

jjksutton New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My 2004 with 60K miles was just over $15K. Based on the KBB values that was a good buy. The dealership told me new ones had a 5 month wait list, so I imagine they're getting nothing less than sticker.

I looked at other dealerships around Tampa at used ones and the prices seemed pretty high though...

6. 2tonegator

2tonegator New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am getting mine on the 22nd. they had to find it and ship it here. i also got rid of a mustang, but mine was just a base 2004. my prius was 3.30 over msrp. so i guess i cant complain too much.

7. jjksutton

jjksutton New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I looked at another dealer in Tampa and also in Orlando...06 and 07 both going for near 2008 prices. Definitely not a buyer's market down here.