1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello from the latest n00b

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ScottyJNC, Feb 20, 2012.

1. ScottyJNC

ScottyJNC New Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Hello to the group. I've been lusting after a Prius for some time, after spending many weeks in rented ones on business trips. Finally, my current car crossed the line from "worth fixing" to "not worth fixing" last week, and with my wife's help, we located a 2008 Prius at a local Chrysler dealer. After a test drive and some checking, it seemed like a good deal, so I now have my own Prius!

I was asked when I registered what "package" it has, and I'm not sure, although it seems to have everything but the leather seats and the XM radio. 6-disc CD changer, nav system, fog lights, backup camera, bluetooth, aux input jack, smart key system. I am not sure which type of headlights I have; don't know how to tell. The color is the magnetic dark gray metallic.

It was nice to find this site, and there appears to be lots of info here! I found it while searching for info on the nav map update DVD -- $300! Wow. Wish there were a cheaper alternative as this one appears to have the original 2008 maps (7.1?). I also came looking for a way to override the lockout on the nav and phone controls while in motion, but apparently that override's been disabled since the 2006 model. It's not in my service menu.

So, with that, I'm off to see what else I can find!

Scott Johnson
    New Bern, NC

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.