1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello hello.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Metellus, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Metellus

Metellus New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good afternoon everyone. I've been a lurker on the forums here on and off for a few months now, figured it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and start up an account finally.

I'm a college student (art major!), and I drive an '08 Prius that I got January of '08. You've all heard it before, but I love the car. I'll admit, from time to time, I miss my old car a lot, but it was a good time to make a change. That car was a '93 Land Cruiser that my parents had bought used a few years before I got it. It had around 185k miles on it, lots of little problems, but had a ton of sentimental value and character. However, with the gas prices at $4+ where I live, and the thought of a major problem showing up with it, I decided it was time to let it go.

Anyways, now that I've had my Prius for a year and a couple months, I still feel like I don't know enough about it! Even after just a day or two reading through the forums here I learned a number of things. My salesman was a nice guy, but didn't know nearly enough.

And naturally, I'm always looking for new techniques and options to try to get the best gas mileage possible. Right now I'm averaging a little over 43 MPG, which (after browsing here for a while) feels inadequate.. I've yet to make any modifications to the car beyond the norm, but I'm thinking of getting into it.

If anyone is still reading by this point, congrats! You win my e-kudos. I don't usually write this much in an introductory post, but I love my car. :)

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome and congrats.

Uhh, what mods do you have in mind? Unless you are in a cold climate there is very little to be done to improve MPGs other than changes in driving style, and nothing that will improve performance or emissions.

3. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome, and I did read the whole post!!!!:D

4. Metellus

Metellus New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess I dropped that sentence in at a weird time. I mean I'm looking into more of the aesthetic modifications. I had gathered that doing much with MPG is hard to do. I imagine I still probably haven't mastered driving the car with the best MPG in mind, which has been something I've tried to pay more attention to in the last month or two.

And unfortunately, I don't live in a cold climate right now. With any luck, I'll return to one in the next couple of years, because I prefer them more anyhow.