1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello, here to learn about the Prius...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Romag, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Romag

Romag '07 FJ Cruiser 4x4

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I joined this community to learn more about the Prius, I work for a shop that works on anything, with full All-Data access and access to Toyota's information system. However those things often don't tell you the common issues that drivers ask about unless Toyota issues a TSB. Anyways, I'm here to learn and just wanted to say hello!

-Thanks

2. danl

danl New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hello, welcome. That's cool, I definitely respect a mechanic/technician/engineer who takes the time to research and understand the equipment he's working on. Do you have a prius in the shop right now or are you just prepping up to handle cases of prius ailment?

3. Romag

Romag '07 FJ Cruiser 4x4

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    We never see any hybrids. People are under the false assumption that smaller shops do not have the capability to deal with the latest vehicles, and end up wasting money at more expensive dealerships. Our information system allows us to pull up the same repair procedures that the dealerships use, but I want to become even more knowledgeable than that to understand the quirks of the vehicle. We already do service and repair on all foreign and domestic gasoline and diesel powered vehicles. We've done jobs from national guard humvees and to 18 wheelers, to yachts (we replaced the detroit diesels in a 48' Viking with MAN diesels) and lawn mowers, to BMWs and Chevy's. We just haven't had to opportunity yet to deal with hybrids yet, and I want that to change.