1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello I'm new

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bigk, Aug 16, 2006.

1. bigk

bigk New Member

Hey every one,

I just came in to say hi to every one. Don't own a Toyota prius but I seriously want one. I'm a technology type of guy and a Toyota prius #8 is the car I want. :) With package #8 this car is loaded with tech stuff.

Shoot, I would buy the car if it just came with the smart key system.

But I'm currently only 18 years old and don't have any money when it comes to buying a toyota prius. (I'm thinking of saveing for one.)

I would love to go down to a rent-a-car business and rent one for the day. :D

You know today I was on google video and did a search on toyota prius and came up with this interesting video.

Click here.

This video shows that the Toyota prius can part its self. I'm dissappionted that the American version does not have this type of technology in it. Also I think in some countrys you can have it where the prius can switch to "EV" mode by a push of a buttion. (I dont think we got it in the USA.)

Bigk

2. marjam

marjam Member

Welcome to PriusChat and here's hoping you get your Prius someday. I started on a base model 1971 Toyota Corolla when I was 19 (four-speed, AM radio, no A/C but paid only $85.00 a month on the loan) so it takes a while to get into the "big time"! Yes, EV buttons are available aftermarket. You can also buy kits to convert the CC stalk or the flash-to-pass to an EV switch. Park-By-itself is only available in Japan.

Do lots of searches on PriusChat and you will learn about all these things

3. Soylent

Soylent The v isn't a station wagon! It's just big boned

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hi BigK, welcome to Priuschat! It's always good to have younger Prius fans, even if you can't buy one for a few years. Don't worry, it's an expensive car after all!

4. InfideNino

InfideNino New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marjam @ Aug 16 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]303998[/snapback]</div>
    And in Europe (or at least in The Netherlands).

5. Autosmiler

Autosmiler New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigk @ Aug 16 2006, 01:07 AM) [snapback]303947[/snapback]</div>
    You mean "park" itself. Hehe I was only scanning your entry when I came across that and thought 'oh my gosh there's a Prius that can split in half? or come apart like lego pieces? What's the point in that?' But no biggie, just a typo. I do wish we had that, and EV too.

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Apparently the auto-park feature is very slow. Americans lack sufficient patience. Some nut case would shoot you for holding up traffic for that long.

The Costal Tech aftermarket EV mod is not too hard to install. Other versions are cheaper (though if you can afford the car, you can afford the mod) and still viable for the mechanically inclined. (They require more disassembly of the dashboard panels to run the wires.)

And as a tech-minded person, you'd also want the CAN-View, but that's not currently available for the 2006.

But you're young. Start saving now and by the time you're ready to buy one, it'll be a lot more advanced than the cars we're driving now.

And welcome to Prius Chat.

7. RichBoy

RichBoy New Member

for sure 99 % of Americans are too dumb and impatient to use the high tech parking feature...and for that matter the same number are too dumb to realize the benifits to society of driving a hybrid as well. Hopefully, your age group will be more enlightened. Welcome to Prius Chat !

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Aug 16 2006, 07:26 AM) [snapback]304052[/snapback]</div>
    With all due respect to my friend Daniel, the nut case mentioned would not shoot you, he/she would double park their car, walk to the nearest sports supply store, buy a baseball bat, come back and beat your brains out. The Japanese are a very patient people. Bows deeply.

9. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome aboard!!! This is a great place to learn about these wonderful marvels of engineering. I have had mine 6 weeks and I keeping finding more and more things I luv about it!!!