1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello! New Here!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Gasolean, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Gasolean

Gasolean Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey everyone! I'm new here, but not new to Prius! I own one beautiful bright red 2006 Prius. My father also owns a Prius - a 2004. I never even drove a Prius but I decided after several years of driving my massive Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, I decided that I'd give myself a birthday present on my 26th birthday. I went to the dealer and shook their hand and said, "I want a Prius" he raised his eyebrows and said "do you want to take a look at it? drive it?" I said "No. I want a Prius" So we went and set out with the paperwork and I could either chose a color and wait a long time or choose my top three favorite colors and wait shorter. So I chose blue, green red. And I got the red! Although two speeding tickets later I probably should be regretting it...but I don't! I love my Prius and deck it out in as many liberal, fun bumper stickers as possible. Can I post pictures on this forum? I'd be glad to share. Anyway, I look forward to discussing Priuii (what's the plural of Prius anyway?) with everyone!

2. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Welcome to PC gasolean.
    There are lots of things to see here. Take a good look through all the forums. You will find places to post your pictures, and you will find lots of answers to questions you might not have thought of yet. Have fun.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gasolean @ Aug 28 2007, 08:01 PM) [snapback]503570[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to PC, Gasolean. Yes, you can post pictures. Click on Add Reply, then under File Attachments click on Browse, then select your picture and then Add This Attachment. Once the attachment appears, click on Add this attachment into post (or some such wording as that). Something more or less like Attachment ID = xxxxx will appear in the text of your post, and when posted it will appear as the picture.

A lot of people use "prii" as the plural of prius. Others use "priuses" or even "prius" as the plural. Since Prius is not actually an English word, the plural is a matter of taste.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome. I had to laugh about the speeding tickets (sorry). The Prius doesn't seem like a speedster, but the speed builds without any fuss or bother, and next thing you know you are driving too fast.

I'll look for your photos.

Tom

5. treehggr

treehggr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome. I think "priuses" sounds the best.

6. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PC and congratulations on your red toy. Since it is a 2006, I assume it's a used car? How much mileage does it have, and if you don't mind telling, how much did you pay?

7. Gasolean

Gasolean Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michgal007 @ Aug 29 2007, 09:45 AM) [snapback]503719[/snapback]</div>
    I actually got mine LAST May. I've had it for about a year and a half now. So it was new when I got it. When I was at the dealer though he said "I have a 2004 Prius on the lot. Black. You can take it home today" And he quoted me 24,000 I think. I said well how much would a new one cost? He quoted me 26,000 after taxes and fees. I figured if I'm already spending that much I might as well get a new car rather than the old one.

8. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gasolean @ Aug 29 2007, 08:06 AM) [snapback]503756[/snapback]</div>

Welcome and welcome again. You got a great color. I'm not going to annoy the older posters with my usual banter about red Priuses.