1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello ! New Owner !

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Pooka, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Pooka

Pooka TIFOSO

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hello Everyone ! This board has been instrumental in our purchase - so thanks to everyone. Hope to be an active part of these forums.

So the basics:

Order Date : 03/16/2010
    Delivery Date : 03/18/2010
    2010 Prius III
    Black
    Auto Dimming Mirror w/ Homelink
    Rear Bumper Applique
    OTD = $22,800 + Sales Tax
    Dealer : Molle Toyota (Kansas City, MO)
    Miles : 2

I have to give props to Steve Hennecke and Kim (sales mgr.) for exceptional service throughout, and Frank Molle (the owner) - since I dont think I could have done any better price wise or even service wise.

This is our first hybrid and first Toyota purchase - been with German autos forever (the difference between German Forums / Clubs and Toyota Forums is quite noticeable) anyhoo, so far we have drive 80 miles (60% city) and averaging 45.6mpg - the geek in me is giddy like a lil schoolgirl :)

So far, ordered the Gray Weathertech Liners (F&R) and cargo all weather from Amazon.com = $246.xx shipped. The fronts arrived today - happy so far.

Few questions:
    a) Anyway to restrict the hatchback from opening all the way - I fear it might hit the garage door's center brace that sticks out? I know its a hatchback but could not believe its taller than our X5s.

b) Anybody done the folding mirror mod?

c) Winter tires : which ones? (no hurry - glad its spring now)

d) would really appreciate pics of black Prius with 17" wheels.

e) there is someone movement after I park (P button) - normal?

f) Just curious, how long does the battery last in the keyfob?

g) The JBL is good, very good compared to the base II - I dont think there is any need to upgrade unless someone can convince me otherwise.

h) The dealer offered Toyota extended warranty at $1035 - worth it or not - we keep our cars between 4 to 7 yrs.

i) FM reception is good - no complaints at all.

I am sure I will have more questions and first impressions, but thanks again everyone, cant wait to drive it more ... pics to follow soon ...

2. azgringo

azgringo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome to Prius Chat and congrats on your purchase! I have a black II and live in Arizona, so I can't offer answers on many of your questions....especially the one about winter tires! Yes, some movement after you park (P button) is normal. And I'm glad you have good FM reception. Mine's spotty. Sometimes good, sometimes not. But....I'm a happy Prius owner nonetheless. Bought my 2010 II in June of '09, so I've had it for about 9 months now. This was also my first hybrid purchase and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Enjoy your new car!

3. vday

vday Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome and congrats from Israel
    The Prius is our first Hybrid and Toyota as well although always had Japanese cars except one Hyundai.
    Non snow tires here as well
    Hoping to get better mileage after the car completely breaks in.
    Enjoy
    PS i have a dark grey one

4. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats.

Is there a mirror folding mod? I think I seen it once somewhere. I don't see why Toyota can't make this a genuine part.

5. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The manual says the key fob battery should last around 2 years. And yes it's normal for some movement after you put it in park. I don't notice it, i also apply the parking brake.

6. Pooka

Pooka TIFOSO

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks guys!

I found the folding mirror here:
    sigmaautomotive.com > Misc > Prius > 10+ > Exterior

looks like the Japanese Prius has this as a genuine factory part/ option. Sigma wants almost $1000 for it ($140 for the module and rest for the motorized mirror) - not worth it to me at that price.

I am going to add the fog lights soon. It snowed today :( that sucks - I am not going to drive it in the snow - its too shiny and black :D so it will rest for 3 days :( i feel like a 5 yr old who cannot play with his toys!

7. toyolover

toyolover Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Welcome to the Prius family. I ditched my X3 last November and got my first hybrid vehicle - Prius Premium in Canada which is almost equivalent to yours. The more you drive it, the more you'll love it. Especially when you see the gas consumption going lower and lower as the weather warms up. :target: