1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello!! Newcomer with a couple questions

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by kirkrv8, Mar 26, 2008.

1. kirkrv8

kirkrv8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Kirk I have a wonderful wife and a sweet little 2 1/2yr old boy, we are looking at buying a Prius for our family car and had a couple questions for the group:)
    We live in eastern Pa right in the middle of Amish country my lovely wife would use the Prius for her daily commute of around 40miles round trip and daily errands with a occasional long trip. So how do you guys feel a Prius would work for us?
    Is 45-48mpg a reality or just good marketing, does the back seat fit a car seat well?
    Thanks so much for your time and Have a swell day!!:D

2. SpartanScott

SpartanScott Michigan Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat! The car will work well for you. Most back seat room I've ever seen in a car, van, or truck. Nothing beats the amount of leg room. The 40 mile commute will be great for mileage. It's drives under 6-8 miles that might have trouble getting into the 40's(mpg). When I had a 40 mile commute I typically got 46-57mpg. It was impossible for me to get under 44mpg if I kept speeds below 85mph. High speed, colder temps, and short drives are the main MPG killers.

Not sure when you are looking to buy but dealers are more willing to sell for less if you buy before April. My dealer last year said "I'll beat any offer you get, but please try to buy in March"

3. kirkrv8

kirkrv8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thank You!!
    We are hoping to buy soon, I got a Internet special price from a dealer for a option 6 package for 26.
    I can't wait to actually drive one:D
    Thanks and I look forward to frequenting this forum
    Kirk

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If the 40 mile commute is mostly open road, you should average around 56 MPG in the summer. In the winter it will drop to the mid forties. A Prius is perfect for your application.

Tom

5. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Also, the stealth mode will be perfect for sneeking up behing a horse and buggy.

6. PriusFan808

PriusFan808 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Personally, I think the Prius is for everybody. :)

Scott is so right about the leg room. I am 6'2" and I adjusted the driver's seat so that I could drive with plenty of room and then I went to the rear seat behind me and still had plenty of leg room.