1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello PriusChat!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by MagnetMan, Oct 20, 2011.

1. MagnetMan

MagnetMan New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This is my first Post on your Forum. I have been a member for a few days reading and learning. I do not currently own a Prius, but I am in the market for one.
    I am trying my best to not buy a 2011 and wait for the 2012 models to hit the ground. I tested out the new entune system today at my local dealership and LOVED it. I just hope I can hold off pulling the trigger until a 2012 model is available to buy....... it is not easy tho.

2. fulltank

fulltank New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What is it about the '12 that you like? I purchased an '11 two months ago and absolutely love it!!! Whichever you get, good luck and enjoy!!!

3. MagnetMan

MagnetMan New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The only real difference that I know about is the entune audio system. I am not sure if the salesman knew what he was talking about, but he said that if you have your entune system pared with your smartphone and you have a subscription to the service that the Maps will have a weekly upgrade to get or correct POIs and streets and things like that. Cool stuff. :cool:

4. milkman44

milkman44 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Whether you get the '11 or '12, you're gonna love it. If you drive 20k miles a year and gas is at $3.50 per gal, you're going to save over $2200 a year in gas alone. I'm sure you have already thought of that though, I only gained 20 mpg from my previous car and I'm loving it.

5. MagnetMan

MagnetMan New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    you see what kinda mileage I get out of my boneville now...... ANYTHING is an upgrade. And I am looking to get the tech toys included in the Prius.... I am still using a single ear BT adapter for my iPhone. so having a car that will play it thou the speakers is exciting to me. LOL. :lol:

6. fulltank

fulltank New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Great thing about being 50 is mostly what I listen to is talk radio. My XM Radio rarely leaves ESPN. The radio system and speakers were low on my expectations.

7. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you have a dealership nearby, why not take a Pkg 2 or 3 for a test drive. Then take a Pkg 5 for a test drive. That way, you'll get a taste of the Prius driving experience from the 15" tire standpoint and the 17" tire/fast steer ratio timepoint. There are some nuances with the car that will only be experienced while driving it.

If you love the test drive, well, it will make waiting for the 2012 a little (or a lot) harder. But, you will likely have an opinion regarding back up camera's, nav systems, leather wrapped steering wheels, handling, and headlights. (As well as opinion of leather vs cloth interior, visibility out the back of the car, arm rest height, seat comfort, and interior color).

If you are still a go, then you can focus on what package you want, colors (interior and exterior) and whether you want to wait for a 2012. When do the MY 2012 come to the US?

8. fulltank

fulltank New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have Package 4, I think, with leather steering wheel and seats, tinted windows, floor mats and back cargo cover. No nav or backup cameras and reg sized wheels. I love my leather and I own a $100 Garmin so the nav was not that important. I sat in a non-leather model after I test drove mine and could not even muster up enough excitement to drive it. LOVE THE LEATHER!!!

9. MagnetMan

MagnetMan New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am looking at getting the Prius III with the sunroof package. The 17' alloy wheels and leather do nothing for me. I am getting this car to support EV car research and to be practical. I really want to get a Tesla Roadster. I will make a trip out to chicago early next year to drive one. Or maybe the new deloren Epic EV when it comes out.

10. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PC - Best of luck with an 11 or a 12. I am sure you will love your new Prius!!