1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello - Proud new Magnetic Grey pkg6 owner here!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Mag Gris, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Mag Gris

Mag Gris New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm very happy to have found this website. We just drove our new 2008 Mag Grey Pkg.#6 home tonight - it's a rainy night here in PA, and I had to raid other cars in the dealership for paper floor mats so our new baby wouldn't get dirty on the drive home. Actually it was the first time we ever drove it; didn't even bother w/ a test drive beforehand. I new this was the car to get, and read 99% positive reviews of the drive & handling. I felt we got a fair price (probably could've saved a couple hundred more) @ $250 over dealer's invoice + a fair trade value on our 1997 Honda Accord w/ 160K miles.

Now I need to learn the navi system, set up the bluetooth and MP3, order mats - - and troll around here some more! :behindsofa:

Oh, and after we turned down the dealer's Extended Warranty plan (7/100K for $1780) b/c I knew I could get it here for $990, they offered it to me for the same price- -which they said is dealer's cost - so we got it.

2. AussieOwner

AussieOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PC.

I am sure that you will find the Prius one of the most interesting cars to drive.

I am also sure that you will finds lots of great tips and techniques here in PC, so please do take the time to peruse the different forums.

3. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome and I agree, Magnetic Grey is the best. :first:

4. Hemi4Prius

Hemi4Prius Geek Girl

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congratulations! I'm jealous! That's the car I plan on buying as soon as I can sell my current car!

Can you post pictures so I can drool over them? [​IMG]

Have fun in your new ride! [​IMG]

5. lumpy95

lumpy95 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    :welcome:

6. diversified

diversified Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I moved from Upper Darby to State College. I know you will get the upper range of mpg with all the stop and go driving there.

7. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, Mag Gris! The car gets better the more you learn about it. Happy driving!

8. Mag Gris

Mag Gris New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks Everybody!!

She's parked at my SEPTA train station right now - - and believe me it was tough leaving her there!! I parked in a decent spot, but will be worried about dings today. That first ding is always the worst. :eek::(

I'm so excited to learn all the features - - I wish we would've picked it up on a weekend so I could just drive and figure out the controls. My husband was trying to work the navi system while we drove home last night - - I had to break it to him that he won't be able to do that anymore (like w/ our Honda Pilot) - - and that's a good thing!!

9. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Re: Thanks Everybody!!

Mag Gris, congratulations. Please consider getting the VentureShield or 3M clear bra treatment on the car before the scratches appear. The primer is white so they really show. You'll also want something across the top of the rear bumper.

10. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Take a look in the Prius Shop (second link from the left above) for bumper protector and body side molding to ward off scratches and dings.

11. M. Oiseau

M. Oiseau 6sigma this

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the Magnetic Grey pkg 6 club!

I've had mine for 17 months and have put 35300 miles on it. The temperature has been in the 20's and 30's here and the current tank is running at 52mpg at 300 miles: I love this car.

The original tires are now close to being worn out so I'm putting Michelin X Radials on this weekend.

I've had zero problems so far and have yet to take it to a dealership service department for any reason.

You're going to love your car.

12. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Silver's better, but I won't hold it against you.:)

Welcome!