1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello + Still Confused about '09s

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by zephyr9900, May 29, 2008.

1. zephyr9900

zephyr9900 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi folks, finally uncloaking from my lurking. I've been thinking about a hybrid for a couple of years now. I had planned on keeping my '03 PT Cruiser until it fell apart, but I don't think that that's a feasible option any more. I want to be a more responsible driver and the PT just doesn't get decent gas mileage - especially since I'm planning a fair amount of regional travel by car.

I'm thinking that the transition from the PT to the Prius would be fairly comfortable - seeing as they're both hatchback style cars and the PT has the same front post and backup visibility issues. I'm already used to leaning and swiveling my head to get a full view of traffic!

So I'm considering a couple options - placing an order (or getting on a list) for an '08 Touring #2 in red or silver. Or waiting for the '09s to arrive. I gather that info on the '09s is still sketchy as to whether they'll include any minor upgrades and when they'll actually arrive. Anybody have any ideas on either of these? That Road & Track spy article didn't really answer my questions.

I'm not in a huge hurry, so maybe a wait for an '09 would be the thing to do? I don't really want the 2010 version - I'm not big on buying a redesign in its first year out and I like what I've heard about the reliability of the Gen IIs.

2. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  3. zephyr9900

zephyr9900 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    One local dealer said it would take 90-120 days to get the '08 car I'm looking for. Another dealer said they could do it in 6-10 weeks and actually quoted me about $100 under MSRP.

4. zephyr9900

zephyr9900 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The dealer just quoted me $25,630 OTD for the Touring #2 with the security system added. He also confirmed that they expect no changes between the '08s and '09s.