1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello there!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by stumpy_c, Sep 20, 2007.

1. stumpy_c

stumpy_c New Member

I don't see an "introduction" forum, but I wanted to say hello and thank you for a great forum!

My wife and I just bought an '08 Prius (option package #2) and this site has all kinds of great info. I've been pouring over it for about 3 days. My brain hurts from all the acronyms....

This is primarily "my" car (don't tell her that) and I'm coming from an '06 Surbaru WRX STI, so this is......a bit of a switch for me :p. Although (obviously) for different reasons, I'm having just as much fun with this car as I had with my Subie. I've been in I.T. for a long time, and have decided recently to go back to school at 28 to pursue a degree in electrical engineering. As you can imagine, I'm like a kid in a candy store with this car.

I've read over most of the stickies in the different forums and a lot of the posts, but if anyone cares to point me toward any other "must reads" I would be much obliged.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found you all and I look forward to asking a lot of annoying questions.

-Chris

2. PriusOwner004

PriusOwner004 New Member

Congrats! Search the forum for "Pulse and Glide" or P&G. It's what'll help you get the most of your fuel economy. I started at 52 mpg and now I'm at 62 mpg using the techniques.

3. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the club, stumpy!!!!

4. O-Mel-Prius

O-Mel-Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stumpy_c @ Sep 20 2007, 06:54 PM) [snapback]515493[/snapback]</div>
    Congratulation, on 2008 Prius, pkg #2, what color? Any photos?
    Did you order it or get it off the lot?
    My Prius is 2 weeks old, pkg #5, Classic Silver Metallic with grey interior, 2007, came with 2 miles and a full tank. I now put gas in twice (cost me all of $20. each tank) and have 800 miles. I love this car.

5. LochNess

LochNess Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome! I also have a 2008 Prius, package #2.

6. timstorey

timstorey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    And, on Sept. 13, Liz and I also purchased a 2008 Package 2 Prius. Also, welcome.

7. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tim Storey @ Sep 20 2007, 08:34 PM) [snapback]515587[/snapback]</div>
    Oh Yes! and it is the New Blue color too. Very nice indead. I like your avatar photo, and the way it shows how the houses gathered together and crowded around to get a close look at the new car.

8. stumpy_c

stumpy_c New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mel in Mass @ Sep 20 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]515581[/snapback]</div>
    Same color and interior as yours! No pictures yet at the moment - gonna have the windows done tomorrow and I'll snap some after that.

We bought it from Roseville Toyota in Roseville CA (a suburb of Sacramento) after a bad experience with Thompson's in Placerville for $21,000 plus some negative in my Subaru, which we traded in. It had 8 miles on it and was sitting in their overflow lot (not on the main dealership premesis). The main lot only had '07s.

We got ours on Sunday night. It's got 450(ish) miles on it and I've pumped 7.3 gallons of gas into it so far. First tank I managed only 39 mpg, but was driving it completely wrong. Our little town is also situated in the Sierra Nevadas, sort of on the edge of where the foothills really turn into mountains, so it's not ideal MPG driving. On this 2nd tank I'm managing ~45, but I'm still trying to get a handle on the basics of getting the most out of this car.