1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by DigDoug, Sep 1, 2016.

1. DigDoug

DigDoug Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello to all, long time reader first time poster. I have wanted a Prius since I first read about them and we finally got an 09. I can say that I love driving the thing and the air in it is AWESOME. The only thing that I have had any problem with is the tire inflation warning light coming on, is there an easy fix for this or do I need to pay my dealer a visit?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well, have you made sure to inflate all your tires to the spec (or your preferred pressure) and then reset the TPMS to your current pressure, as instructed in the owners' manual?

-Chap

3. DigDoug

DigDoug Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yessir sure did. On that note and I apologize, I put the front at 35 the rear at 33, which is what the door panel states. I reset the TPM and a few miles down the road it flashed then stayed on. It now repeats that with every start. I do want to say that mid August we took the car on a trip to North Chicago from the PA border then to Connecticut and I was very happy
    with the ride.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ah. Time to ask it for the old trouble codes, then. Could be that one of the sensors is failing (or at the end of its battery life) ... could be something else. The trouble codes will tell (and will also tell which sensor, if it's a sensor problem, so you don't have to dismount the other 3 tires).

-Chap

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! try pumping the tyres up to 40 psi, just for kicks.

what do you mean by, 'the air in it is AWESOME'?

6. DigDoug

DigDoug Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    40? I am going on a little trip back to Connecticut again today, I will have to try it out.

bisco likes this.
  7. DigDoug

DigDoug Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Bisco, I didn't try the increase in pressure, ran out of time to do so before we left. I forgot to answer your question, I meant that the air in this thing is very very cold and cools down quickly. Took it to my dealer yesterday for a tire rotation and oil change, think I confused them with needing both within 6 weeks of purchase. I have lots of questions for you all here but will wait until I get more time.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

bisco likes this.