1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello....

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by foryourconsideration, Jan 22, 2007.

1. foryourconsideration

Hi everybody. I joined just now but have only recently started considering cars for myself. I currently drive a Hyundai Santa Fe that's been a fantastic car but it's become so expensive to keep fueled and last I checked, gas isn't getting any cheaper. I've just set up a savings plan so I can start paving my way towards my own car so it'll be at least a year before I get a Prius (if that's what I wind up getting). Hope to get to know everybody! :D

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi ForYour. Welcome to Prius Chat. Smart move, doing your research well ahead of your purchase. You'll find just about everything you could want to know about the Prius here if you do a bit of searching.

FWIW, though, if cost is your most important issue, any new car is going to cost a lot more to drive than a used one. The initial cost will far outweigh any gas savings. A good used economy car will always cost you less overall over the life of the car. On the other hand, if it's more a question of being time to buy a new car, and you're looking for the best new car, well then, in my opinion, the Prius is the best there is. Excellent value for the price, and it's the greenest five-passenger car on the road.

3. fphinney

fphinney Member

On the other hand, if it's more a question of being time to buy a new car, and you're looking for the best new car, well then, in my opinion, the Prius is the best there is. Excellent value for the price, and it's the greenest five-passenger car on the road. [/quote]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I second your comments!

For me, another plus is the AMAZING technology that Prius has. I never knew what was out there, until I stopped by our local Toyota dealer last June.
    1. Voice activated GSP
    2. A climate control that will keep you at the EXACT temperature selected.
    3. When Climate control is set to "AUTO A/C," the fan speed will vary. The outlets used will vary. The air source will vary. If needed, the air conditioner compressor will kick in.
    4. The outside rear view mirrors will go into a defrost mode, when you command the car to defrost the windshield.
    5. The electric motor is only 67 HP, but it's 295 ft/lbs of torque is available throughout it's entire speed range.
    6. Regenerative braking is so efficient that conventional braking components experience very little wear. (Not unusual to never replace ANY brake parts, for the life of the car.)

4. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    FYC, and welcome!

One other thing about the Prius is that it rewards smooth driving; it's really quiet at normal speeds and even when the engine is runnning, it's notably unintrusive. It's I suppose, a luxurious feeling...and, especially, a calming one, too. Plus, if I ask nicely and with just a teensy bit of advance notice, my Pri is faster than I'd expect.

I'm a fan, for sure, but it's not the perfect car, either. Make sure you're okay with the compromises and then, if/when you buy one, plan on keeping it as long as possible.