1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hello

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by toolbox, Sep 30, 2004.

1. toolbox

toolbox New Member

hello

I am new to the boards and just picked up my level 9 silver 04 Prius back on Sept 4. i have been reading the boards the last couple weeks and really wished i could had but my 2 cents on a couple post P I have to say the Prius meets and exceeds my every expectation. gas milage and comfort have been great. I know the car isn't made to race so I come to terms with 4 door, and 4 cylinder thing well and the M.P.G payoff is well worth it. I work in warranty claims for Toyota and the Prius have been holding up well but the repairs that are getting done are big $$. I know we have had to do quite a few steering rack claims that averaged about $3500 a repair so i highly recommend finding a 8/100 policy or be warned. Price on most of the hybrid parts are astronomical. Toyota parts are high anyway but built to last. I am a little spooked about the rear turn lamp bulbs being a little to small but i love the look of the rear taillights. The phone and map function lock out do bother me a bit also and I have read some post here about cutting out the speed sensor. Thats a big no no unless you wanna void any warranty. i have been searching TIS to see if there is a way to do it with software.

2. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Congrats on your new Prius, toolbox

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Toolbox, congrats on your new Prius. Have you named him/her yet? Granted, only severely odd people actually name their car. I named mine Priapus. :)

I certainly hope you stick around and come back often. We have programmers, websmithers, engineers, car dealers, and car enthusiasts. but to my knowledge, you are the first Toyota warranty claims person. I'm sure there will be some times when your insight will be invaluable.

I hate to see someone with only 2 points. So here, take about 25 of mine. Enjoy and don't spend them all in one place.

And, of course, welcome to Priuschat! :wave:

4. toolbox

toolbox New Member

thx for the invite tony and yea i plan on sticking around

there is alot of good info in this site. i hope i can can help bring more info to the table as i have full access to almost all toyota imanuals,tsb,recalls and so on for the car. i dont have the toyota class for the hybrids (its a two week class offered by toyota) but i am gonna question the company i work for and see if it can be arranged. they are all for education if i am gonna be spending there cash on these cars :lol: