1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by grosspolluter35, Aug 12, 2008.

1. grosspolluter35

grosspolluter35 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hi just registered and wanted to introduce myself.

i currently drive a 98 camaro z28. fully built motor and suspension etc. roughly gets about 10mpg around town and about 18 on the freeway. been thinking about getting a hybrid as my car currently does not pass smog in anyway and should be put on the gross polluter list in the state of CA.

i drive this car everyday and wanted to know how many people on here have made the switch from a nice environment friendly v8 to a hybrid and actually enjoyed the change over.

thanks

dash:D

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    450HP Ford Expedition to a Prius almost 5 years ago...never looked back and I've burned 6500 gallons LESS gas than I would have over the same travel distance. I miss the comfort of the Expedition (Lazy boy-like seats), rarely I miss the power...but very rarely.

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Look for F8L. He went from racing a 500 or 600 hp truck to driving a Prius.

I didn't have a fast car, but my V6 Ford Explorer only gets about 14 or 15. I get 48 - 50 driving the same commute. The Explorer sits in the driveway now.

4. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I came from a minivan and a Ford Taurus which I still own. I drive my Prius more often now. The Ford is a Sunday vehicle and the motorcycle is for everyday use.

5. pewd

pewd Clarinet Dude

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i sold a 15-16 mpg jeep for the prius - tripled my mileage - I've spent about $4,500 less on gas as a result. I enjoy the change more every time I drive past a gas station without stopping...

This thing is a maintenance hog, however. I have to change the oil every 5 months or so. :)

If you're only getting 10mpg now, you'll easily get 4.5x the mileage if you get a Prius.