1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Luv2HugTrees, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Luv2HugTrees

Luv2HugTrees New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hellos fellow Prii owners. I am glad to find such a great place to talk about one of the best cars ever produced!

Anyone from AZ?

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome to Prius chat! I'm not from AZ, but there are a few, yes.
    We'll want to hear all about your Prius, look at photos of your Prius, and, of course, answer any questions you might have.

Do fill in your profile info, as far as location, too. :)

3. Treemancipator

Treemancipator New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I didn't want to kill any e-trees by starting a new thread, so I'll post in this one since you're new too. Hai, I'm new here, and my name is Ricky. I don't have a Prius, but plan on getting one once I sell my '70 Mach I Mustang (non-hybrid, 351C V8) to my brother in law, who is jewish. I'm in central California and am an architect... OF PEACE.

4. Luv2HugTrees

Luv2HugTrees New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey Raven thanks for the welcome. I am going to wash and wax my car this weekend and I should have some pics up on Saturday. The weather here has been less than formidable.

Treemancipator your mustang is hurting everyone...including yourself! Get a prius soon:)

5. Treemancipator

Treemancipator New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    One of the chief reasons I have to get rid of the Stang is because there is an exhaust leak somewhere and I can smell exhaust inside the car, even with the windows rolled up (it's not coming from outside the car, so I have to drive with the windows down, which is cold, making me cold plus having to smell exhaust). I've tried to pinpoint it, tried changing the exhaust mani gaskets, no rust holes on any of the exhaust runs from front to back, do not know where it's coming from. I'm also tired of working on it every few months, just want something reliable and something my wife will let me put our baby car seat in again (she says the exhaust is bad for the baby, and I'm inclined to agree). I'd keep it if it had mostly original parts, but it's kind of a Frankenstein (non-matching block/heads/rear end, magnetic sunroof, etc.)so I'm letting my brother in law take it off my hands. At least it will stay in the family, and I can get something efficient and healthy that I won't have to work on for quite some time. :)

6. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You might want to post that in the AZ-Phoenix forum (AZ - Phoenix)

Also, to second Rae Vynn, please fill in your location field on your profile. That will help on mileage questions and such, since things do depend on your climate.

You won't have to work on this car, unless you like adding tweaks. There are various things people do to get better mileage (eg. engine block heater for winter) and track the behavior of the system, starting with a ScanGauge. Then there's the do-it-yourself power supplies that tap off the battery of the Prius (high voltage or 12 volt) to provide some power if your house loses electricity. And for people with too much money, you can have a plug-in modification added, like from Hymotion, and run off of electricity.

7. FromPuxico

FromPuxico New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius