1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hello

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by shepdawg, Apr 26, 2009.

1. shepdawg

shepdawg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all, I am new here and wanted to say hello. I currently have a 2005 prius that I love and was looking for some accessories for it. Does anyone know if this is a relatively inexpensive way to add a video source to the mfd screen? Also, is there a difference between the wiring for a 2005 prius cd player and a 2007? The reason I ask is I know the 2007 model was the first to have an auxiliary input and I really would like that in my 2005. Thank you for reading.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello and :welcome: to PriusChat!

Yes, there are several ways but you do need a video controller (coastal electronics is one of them at coastaletech.com). DICE and VAIS both have video input options in their units and including an auxiliary input jack for mp3 players for 2004 and 2005 models. Aux input was added in 2006.

3. shepdawg

shepdawg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Also, I noticed that several people on here have done something called the ev mod. What is that and how do I do it?

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's to enable the EV Drive Mode (which is now available on the 2010 Prius on North America).

This enables us to keep the engine off and drive solely on electric power up to 25mph.

There are various methods and they can be found in this forum. There's Coastal Electronics, The headlight switch (all parts can be found at RadioShack) or a separate button.
    Knowledge Base Articles Discussion - PriusChat Forums