1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jimmyb, Oct 29, 2009.

1. jimmyb

jimmyb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    HitJust wanted to say hello...I have an 06 prius...It is silver and I am really enjoying the mileage I get out of this car...I have been getting around 52 and 53 mpg.. My wife and I both looked at the prius back in 03 when she needed a new car but she choose to go with an suv...I had always had pickup trucks and the last was a Jeep Grand Cherokee...I would get 18 mpg with the trucks and the Jeep .The last time gas was at 4 dollars I told myself that was it , and if the price of gas came down I would make the switch before gas prices went up again..So here I am :)....This forum has been very helpful and the only thing I worry about is the Integrity tires I have on the car.I have seen the recent post on Hankook 727 tires.
    I stopped by a local tire shop.They don't have the Hankook but he said they have put on General Altima HP on prius and other front wheel drive vehicles and the customers have no complaints.......
    Does anyone have these tires ?I thought I read a thread on tires not too long ago and there was a mention of general tires...I would like better traction for the winter snow without going to a snow tire, and keep my mpg .The guy at the tire shop kind of told me what I wanted to hear about little if any mpg loss, and having better taction with a directional tire which is kind of like the hydroedge but less expensive...

Thanks.....

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    :welcome:Welcome to PC, that's pretty good mileage for a new Prius owner. I have never owned a set of the General tires you are asking about. Last couple of times I bought tires I got Michelins from Costco, I think most people are happy with them, you might stop by and see what they can do for you. Also check this site for tires on line: Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels Put in your car year and model and they will show you all the tires that they sell for it, usually quite a few. They ship the tires to an installer near you and you just take your car in and they take care of you.