1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Route66Rider, May 9, 2010.

1. Route66Rider

Route66Rider New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings all - I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself a bit as I just helped my son purchase a 2005 Prius with 52,000 miles on it yesterday. He is a student at the University of Alabama in Huntsville currently in the Air National Guard (Reserve) at Nashville, TN.

I am not sure what all we need to be watching for on this (or as far as that goes what we should have verified) prior to purchase. The car seemed clean and everything was clear on the Carfax so we went ahead and made the deal.

After getting it home, I have noticed that the cover for the rear cargo area is missing, and one seat belt in back appears to have something that prevents it from closing.

The dealer said it had package #2, but I am not totally sure what all comes with that. :D

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    :welcome:
    Northern AL has some good Prius experts! I need to visit that way.

3. Route66Rider

Route66Rider New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, We are pretty much into the Toyota family. I have a '02 Highlander, my wife drives an '01 Avalon, my daughter had a '95 Avalon (wrecked with 256K this last winter) and my son has this '05 Prius now. We love them all!

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome and congratulations on your latest Prius purchase. I believe your son will really enjoy his new car.

5. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations and Good Luck.

Seems like what you have discovered is no big deal. A missing cargo cover and a seatbelt "glitch" (I'd would get that fixed) is really no big deal.

Some of this depends on what you are familiar with. I've learned in the past year and 1/2 that there just is a lot to know about Hybrid/Prius ownership. This is the place to come if you want to get the information, opinion and advice.

But since the deal is done, so to speak, I think you might as well assume all is well. If it was me, I'd take it to a Toyota dealer and have them look it over. They'ed probably be happy to sell you a new cover, even though you could probably find one cheaper through the internet. They could make sure all your seatbelts are functioning properly, which is probably the most important thing.

I was originally looking at Prius about a year and 1/2 ago, and was first looking at 2009's. If I remember right, the pkg 2 was one of the less equipped packages BUT it was the package I wanted. My philosophy was that The Prius is a technology packed and feature laden vehicle even in it's lower package configurations. The 2009 package 2 had all the features I wanted, CC, AC, SmartKey,-back up camera and again if I remember right, a Less is More advantage of In My Opinion not having the HID headlights, which some people have reported having problems with and are relatively expensive to replace.

But I caveat all this with this is a year and 1/2 old research from memory about the 2009 package 2, but it was the package I thought I wanted. I always thought an advantage of Prius purchase was that even lower or less equipped packages come with things that are considered highly sought after or simply unavailable extra's on most other automobiles. I would say that's true even with todays 2010's...

So get the seatbelt fixed...buy a cover, and good luck.