1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP 2005 XM HD Inno SureConnect Installation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by laci.laplante, Jul 25, 2007.

1. laci.laplante

laci.laplante New Member

Hello! I was wondering if I might get some input and advice on installing a Pioneer Inno (2) XM. I purchased the car kit, and it comes with a SureConnect adapter that either clips on to the antenna or sticks to the window antenna. With the Prius, there is no exposed metal on the antenna, so the first option is out, and I don't believe my car has a rear window antenna, just the defogger. The SureConnect is needed to connect to the car dock to use the FM transmitter. The FM transmitter alone in the dock is not powerful enough to talk to the radio.

Second, I have a Visteon HDZoom HD radio kit, that has a built in FM transmitter, or you can use the optional RCA jacks to connect to a head unit that has an aux-in. Does the 2005 stock unit have aux-in? I have the basic package, no DVD, no nav. The HD antenna cable goes between the head unit and the car antenna. I assume the 2005 Prius radio has an easily removable antenna from the back of the radio?

Here's the quandary - I don't know what inputs are on the back of the radio. After much research, I am beginning to think that I cannot use the SureConnect at all in the 2005 Prius. Is there any way to connect the Inno using the FM transmitter? I cannot afford the cost of the auxilliary input thingies I have seen at coastaletech, vais, and dice.

Would any of you be willing to help me out and let me know if I can easily get my Inno working, as well as the HD? The HD I think might not be a problem, but I would really like to figure out the XM thing, otherwise I am going to have to return it and get one of the original skyfi's.

Thank you so much,
    Laci