1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

help! 2012 3rd gen prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Ksenya, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Ksenya

Ksenya New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Everytime I turn off my car it shows how many miles my trip was and how long and it took and average miles per gallon. but how does it know the gas prices to know how much money i spent on fuel. is there anywhere I can enter it in the settings?

2. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, just go to settings and press and hold Display button until menu comes up. Then press and release Display until you get to gas price. I think it's the first one. Then press and hold Display to get into price change mode. Use Display and/or Trip buttons to adjust price. When you have the correct price, don't touch anything for 5 seconds and it will go back to menu. From there, use Display button to get to Exit.

I did this from memory, so there may be some slight variations. It takes a little getting used to, but like anything else a little practice and you'll get the hang of it.

3. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Probably be changing the fuel prices every time you fill up, so keep the instructions handy. :D

4. Ksenya

Ksenya New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you! it worked, but I have another question
    aren't prius's supposed to be quiet, everytime i turn it on it'll be quiet then make noises like a regular car and after a couple minutes it will stop.

5. Econ

Econ Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    You must be referring to a cold start. The Ice ( internal combustion engine ) will come on or start until the operating system is up to temp. Usually after the engine warms up, you will not hear the ICE . . . only when you demand assistance will you hear it.