1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! Audio mods..which one? warnings?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by JaviNOS, Nov 22, 2006.

1. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi.. I'm new at the site. Learning from what I see here. I was wondering... I've had a few people tell me about the electric distribution for the car not suitable for any sound system... true or false? Does anyone recomend any specific sound system I should go with? Are there any restrictions or can I use any combination? ;) thanx

2. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    false.

You can put in an awesome sound system that runs well within the limits of the inverter. As long as you don't want a rolling, world destroying, sound system (read: mega-LOUD), then you'll have no problem. There's a lot of people running a variety of nice systems with no problems. I have been running 700W rms for about 8 months with no issues. Check out what DocVijay has done too.

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    To echo Presto - False.

My system isn't as impressive as his or Doc's yet, but it will be... one day...

It can basically be moded like any other car, so long as you don't go excessive. if you stick around 700W like Presto did, you won't see a single problem. When adding anything, you'll probably want to know that the 12V battery (for power to the amp(s)) is located in the trunk, under the passenger side cubby (behind the rear wheel).