1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! Battery Doesn't have any voltage reading.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Kam2, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Kam2

Kam2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I pulled the HV battery to tested for my 08 Prius . I tested each individual battery it comes back 7.6 v each .
    then I connected the orange plug and I tested the battery where it connect with the car , it shows no reading.
    What should i check first ?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

make sure you slide the orange safe connector after locking it down. see the youtube video.

Kam2 likes this.
  3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Re insert the orange plug. Push the plug in flip up the handle and then slide the handle down till it locks.

Measuring the battery modules does little to test them for there health. You must load test them and see how well they hold a charge and how fast they deplete under load. Since all modules are in series it only takes one soft module unable to hold a charge to kill the battery. If you had a Toyota Techstream obd code reader it would have told you which module was unhappy.

use the search forums button up top and search

hybrid battery and then techstream

there's hundreds of posts about how to load test them and techstream info.

Working on a prius hybrid battery without techstream is pound foolish and penny wise.

Kam2 likes this.
  4. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    You cannot check HV battery voltage from where the car connections are made. That is the "dead" side of the relays and won't have any voltage on it until the main relays are shut when the car is 'READY'.

You need to check the battery side of those relays, located under the white plastic protective covers. That side of the relays will have voltage anytime the safety disconnect is installed.

Kam2 and SFO like this.