1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! Broken knob/dial on radio :(

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by rg3design.com, Dec 27, 2006.

1. rg3design.com

rg3design.com Junior Member

I got a GPS system for Christmas and was testing it out on my way home tonight when the suction cup became unstuck and the unit fell off my windshielf breaking off the radio button knob.

Can anyone help me find a new radio volume button knob? I can't stand how it looks and it's driving me crazy!

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Rich

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

The knob actually broke, or it simply fell off or was pushed into its recessed position? If pushed into recessed position, just push it in and it will pop out again.
    If the knob is not broke but simply fell off, push it back onto the shaft, aligning the slot appropriately.
    If it is truely broke, you probably can get a replacement from the parts department.

3. rg3design.com

rg3design.com Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanMan32 @ Dec 29 2006, 01:52 AM) [snapback]367959[/snapback]</div>
    The stem is still in tact and it will slide into the shaft but once it's in there with the spring it pops right back out and does not lock in.

4. jburns

jburns Senior Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rg3design.com @ Dec 29 2006, 08:39 AM) [snapback]368175[/snapback]</div>
    Super glue.