1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! Can anyone help me locate Magnetic Gray package #5 in Socal?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JT-KGY, Jul 1, 2007.

1. JT-KGY

JT-KGY Junior Member

Been looking at Prius for a few weeks and finally settle on Magnetic Gray with package #5.
    Called several dealerships and finally found one but it was on hold for a buyer.

Anyone here that has the ability to tap into Toyota's inventory system for dealers
    near Los Angeles?

Any help much appreciated!

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I saw a magnetic gray on the lot of San Diego Toyota on Mission Gorge Rd in San Diego. You might call them and see what package it is and if it's still there.

Toyota San Diego It says you can search the inventory but you can't. I didn't like them when I was looking to buy but I'm fussy and paranoid.

Mossy Toyota has a searchable website.

Mossy

They have 3 magnetic grays. Looks like 1 at $22,994 and 2 at $ 27,554 That's probably a #1 and a #6

And you can call Kearny Mesa Toyota. I bought from them and they're great.

Kearny Mesa Toyota is your best bet. They have the most.
    1=$22,994, 3=$23,569, 1=$26,274 That looks like what you're looking for.

That's probably a #1, #3 and #5.

Good luck.

BTW my contact at Kearny Mesa Toyota was Howard Sheehy.

Howard Sheehy, the Internet/Fleet Manager at

Kearny Mesa Toyota,
    4910 Kearny Mesa Road,
    San Diego, CA 92111

ph: 858-335-5815,

email: [email protected]

3. JT-KGY

JT-KGY Junior Member

Godiva,

Thank you sooo much for the info except that I'm located 2 hours away in Los Angeles.
    I'll keep them in mind though as I might be able to find any at all here. :(

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JT-KGY @ Jul 1 2007, 01:38 AM) [snapback]470942[/snapback]</div>
    Plenty of people have driven out of state to get the color and package they wanted.

You might find it in L.A. And you might be quoted higher prices or be forced to take dealer add ons.

A two hour drive is nothing. Call them. You can rent a car and drive down and drive your Prius back. Or you can even fly down. I'll bet any of the dealerships would be glad to pick you up at the airport. Kearny Mesa Toyota does NOT charge above MSRP. That's their policy. Just so you know.

I guarantee you'll enjoy the two hour drive back in your new Prius.

5. JT-KGY

JT-KGY Junior Member

I'm also wondering if I should just wait a little...
    How much longer will dealers continue to receive shipments of 07s??
    I've heard that 08s will arrive anywhere from late August to November... :(

6. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JT-KGY @ Jul 1 2007, 04:40 AM) [snapback]470956[/snapback]</div>
    Around here Prius inventory has almost always been spotty. If the distant dealer has the car you want at a fair price that may be better than waiting for the local dealer to get the same thing some day. Unless the colors have been announced there is no guarantee your color will be offered next year.

Some of the option packages from 2006 were discontinued in 2007. (I think they were toward the lower end.) If sales continue to be strong Toyota may decide to build only the higher end packages so you may end up buying gadgets you really don't want or can use.

Not to be an alarmist but right now gas prices have softened. This reduces Prius demand. If the price goes back up (some 10%) you may not find anyone going below MSRP in the fall.

Whatever you decide, you will be happy with the car and will question why you waited so long.

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm not sure when the 2008s arrive, but starting now there will be less 2007s and you'll be able to deal more. But the longer you wait, the less selection you have. If the color package is more important than getting a "really great deal" then you should start now. You can call Kearny Mesa Toyota and see if that is a magnetic gray #5 and then see if one of your local dealers is willing to trade them for it. But personally, I think that is stupid. Because your local dealer can then jerk you around because they have exactly what you want and no one else does. You do not want to be in that bargaining position.

Like I said, a two hour drive is nothing.

You can have the car serviced anywhere. It's not like you have to drive down here every time you want an oil change.

8. liznowen

liznowen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I suggest emailing a dozen or so dealerships. I bought my Prius a few weeks ago and I only emailed the first 15 dealerships nearest me. (There are SO SO many in the LA/OC area.) They each searched for what I wanted. Of course, I had a bigger range than you do (three color options). I was able to bargain for cost amongst the dealerships AND get my car on the exact day that I wanted. I had the longest/best correspondence with Ryan Hone at Elmore Toyota (on Beach Blvd and the 405) and he matched my lowest quote.

9. JT-KGY

JT-KGY Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(liznowen @ Jul 1 2007, 09:33 PM) [snapback]471328[/snapback]</div>
    liznowen,

How did you email them? Through Toyota.com? I tried that and 2 out of 4 replied. And the prices I got
    are all near the MSRP. Would you mind PM me a little more detail? Like did you email them the price you
    like to pay? How close to invoice price did you get?

Thank you!!

10. liznowen

liznowen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I believe I looked up the list on Toyota.com but then I looked up the nearest 15 or so on google and emailed the "internet sales" department. They didn't all answer, but at least 7 or 8 did.

It took a while to get the details I wanted as almost everyone wanted me to come in for an appointment but I wasn't interested in that. Like I said, I dealt with Ryan Hone in the end. He was able to find the package #5 in one of the colors I wanted. I told him I wanted to purchase on the 13th and he made sure that he had the car by that day. I'd suggest sending him an email.

I told him that my lowest quote for a package #5 was $24,747. I ended up with $26,812.39 after taxes and fees.

If there's anything else you want to know, just ask. By the way, [email protected] is the address I have for Ryan Hone at Elmore Toyota.