1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help- Cant connect Razr Vc3 with 2006 car

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by savingtheearth, Mar 22, 2006.

1. savingtheearth

savingtheearth Junior Member

Hi. I just bought a 2006 Prius- pkg 7. Love it. Also just bought a Razr Vc3 from Verizon. Followed the instructions to the t and cant seem to complete the connection.
    Went to Info screen in car- then phone- then bluetooth- then register. In Razr went to connect- bluetooth- find- entered the passkey of 1111 that the nav screen showed into the car. Said verified and saved id. The said unable to connect. What do I need to do? Thanks so much for all your help. Its so nice to be in a group of like minded individuals.

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Try turning your phone off, then on again, to see if you can get a connection with the Bluetooth. I have a Razr also, and sometimes when I start the car, my Bluetooth doesn't get a connection. I then 'restart' my phone and get connected just fine a few moments later. If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what else to advise. It seems to be slightly moody and a tad annoying, but that's been my easy fix for the problem, which has only happened about 3 or 4 times in the 1.5 months (and many many startups) that I've had the car. I've NEVER had the same problem with my Nokia, which I use about 1/3 of the time compared to the Razr.

3. savingtheearth

Thanks- I will try that. Problem is I haven't been able to establish the initial connection and register the phone yet. Also, right now the car is parked in an underground spot, so maybe its a reception thing. I 'll keep you posted.

4. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Being underground would have no effect on the bluetooth. The bluetooth link has nothing to do with your cellular antenna.

Make sure that you have the bluetooth turned on on the Razor (I seem to remember having to do this separatly from the register portion). Also make sure you are trying to make the connection quickly as it does time out.

I know that you can go to the setting screen on the telephone screen and re-trigger the bluetooth to connect. Try doing that at the same time you do it on the razor.

Good luck!

5. ttabbal

ttabbal New Member

Tell the car to look for a phone.

Tell the phone to look for a HEADSET. It's not the "Find Me" option you want.

On my hacked model, I go to the BT setup screen, then there is a handsfree option. In there you can tell it to look for a handsfree device. It was similiar on the stock stuff.

The "Find Me" tells the phone to make itself discoverable, but that's what the car is doing, so that's not what you want. They are both makeing it possible for something to find them, you need one to look for the device, and one to be discoverable. Since the car can only be discoverable, you need the phone to look for the car.

This phone does work with a 2006 Prius. I've owned both since January and never had a problem.

6. savingtheearth

Thanks- I'll try that- although I thought I did and it said cant connect. I will bring you instructions down to the car with me. Thanks!

7. savingtheearth

Hey Ttabbal- you were right. Thanks so much for your help. Had to input all phone book by hand, but that was easy. Thanks again.