1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help - clips for 'dust cover'

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by toddrav, Oct 12, 2010.

1. toddrav

toddrav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm trying to replace my headlight bulbs but am caught at the first step - my clips to the dust cover are smooth and don't screw out. It could be mine are not original as I had some body work done.

Do I just yank them out? When I grabbed the edge and turned one, it did not act like a screw.

Thanks for any advice

2. jreed

jreed Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You should be able to gently pry up the central portion of the clip and then pull out the outer body (at least that's how mine work, but they do have a phillips-style head on the central portion). :) If you need replacements, I found them at Conicelli partznet online:

part number: 9046706133C0 CLIP $1.38

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Or else you can apply upwards force on the black plastic radiator cover, as you rotate the center part of the fastener with a Phillips screwdriver. Don't be surprised if one or two fasteners break (out of six) since the plastic gets brittle over time.

4. toddrav

toddrav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks, I'll expect to break a few and go ahead.
    My clips must be aftermarket cause mine don't have a phillips-style head