1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help Configure My New Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Damskram, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Damskram

Damskram New Member

Model:
    IV
    I hope that you guys can help me as I am confused.

I am looking to purchase or lease a new 2010 Prius. If I lease the Prius I want everything in the model IV except for the navigation since it is foolish to rent a nav when I can buy one for a fraction of the price.

Does anyone know if I can get my 2010 Prius configured with everything except sun roof and navigation and still have it equipped with leather, back up camera, etc??

Also, recommendations that you may have regarding the purchase vs lease or configuration/options that you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!

2. kilton

kilton New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm interested in the Nav question as wel. Toyota's site won't let you unselect the Nav option when you choose a Prius IV.

3. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Depending upon the local market where you live, the Toyota website configuration tool will display what your regional Toyota Dealers have in inventory, and what is available. If you were to enter a zip code from another part of the country (but further than an adjoining state), you may be able to configure the IV without a NAV. In Illinois, where I am from (try using zip code 60606), you can configure the Prius as a IV, without Nav or Sunroof, for a price of $27,350.

That said, it is not possible, with the 2010 Prius, to buy a factory Rear View Camera without the NAV. Among other reasons, without the NAV unit, there would not be a monitor screen to use in the dashboard.

With aftermarket vendors, you are able to get a Rear-View Camera installed, which can be seen through your rear-view mirror. Some Toyota dealers even have information on this available in their dealerships. However, if you are interested in that sort of product, you may get a better price by not having your dealer install it for you.

4. kilton

kilton New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks eglmainz, that explains it.

On another note -- what discounts are people seeing relative to MSRP these days? I just requested an online quote from a local Koons for a Prius IV, and to my amazement it's over $2k below MSRP -- and this apparently includes freight! Is this normal? If the online inventory is to believed, the dealer has over 50 Prius's in stock.

5. Wiserone

Wiserone Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just bought a IV with solar and I paid right around invoice. I'm sure the dealerships are getting some sort of Toyota kick back.