1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help. Coolant leak.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by VDA, Feb 14, 2016.

1. VDA

VDA New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi usnavystgc
    My 2008 prius has a terrible coolant reservoir leak. The coolant tank empties within seconds and everything comes out from the bottom. When I press the reservoir hard against the inverter, the leak substantially decreases. Am I right in assuming that changing the reservoir would fix this issue? However, it seems impossible to get to the back nuts of the reservoir. How do you do that without taking out inverter? Any help is highly appreciated because driving with this problem has probably caused red triangle to on on the dash board. Please

Edit: OK. So, I succeeded in getting the reservoir out by undoing the cawl (?) and wiper system. It indeed had a crack in the port that goes into the inverter. While I wait for a replacement to come from ebay, I would try to use epoxy to fix the one I have and see if it holds up. Thanks
    VDA