1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help determining what voltage levels are acceptable on hybrid battery. Voltage readings posted below

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by GreenTea&SaltWater, Dec 16, 2019.

1. GreenTea&SaltWater

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I recently bought a 2010 Prius. I got the DTC P0A80 within 2 days, or 200 miles of driving it. I did a 12volt battery reset but the code came back 3 more times. Gas-power still functions but the hybrid does not. I got myself a cracked techstream software with a mini VCI cable and did some testing.

I took pictures of the voltage readings as the battery was discharging, charging, and idle. So the first two pictures are the voltage levels when discharged, the following two are as it's charging, and the last are as it's idling. Here are the results. ()

So block #8 seems to be pretty low voltage compared to the others. It sits at 14.55v while the highest block is at 15.16, which is a 0.6v difference. And #9 and #6 are also pretty low. And what I'm seeing is that during the charging process, #8 is the lowest when discharged but the highest when charging. And at idle it's even across all the blocks. So #8 definitely has the highest fluctuations. And #9 and #6 don't look so good either. Are they bad? Would these have to be replaced? Is that what's giving me the issue?